PPC Arbitrage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicetomato

Jun 27, 2006
What are the chances of getting banned from Adsense and YPN? I hear Google bans publishers for having high CTR.

I don't if it is true, but it wouldn't make any sense for Google to ban someone for legit clicks.

Mr.Google: "No way you can do that well, we don't want your stinking money! BANNED!"

from what i've seen, adsense bans publishers for invalid clicks ONLY if they are 'small players' ... otherwise you just get a warning (or nothing at all)

That is a myth. The only way you'll be banned for a high CTR is if they are questionable clicks. So if they suspect you of clickfraud, then there's a good chance that they'll drop you because they don't even want to deal with you or get into an argument about it. Just not worth it for them. So stop clicking your own ads, and you'll be fine.

Thankfully too, Google automatically does geo-IP targeting, unlike our YPN pals who request that you do that stuff on your own. So as long as you're not generating a ton of clicks from "banned countries" and not clicking your own damn ads everyday, you should be okay.

I have a couple of sites which get an insanely high CTR every day. I just refresh the sites on my own a few times to bring it down because I'm a firm believer in out of sight, out of mind.

sknydave said:
I have a couple of sites which get an insanely high CTR every day. I just refresh the sites on my own a few times to bring it down because I'm a firm believer in out of sight, out of mind.

Alot of page loads from same IP may make them suspicious too.

yeah, it may look as though you're trying to "work the system" which could draw attention to your account.

Only 4 refreshes? And that brings down your CTR enough?

Also, 300% CTR?! 3 clicks per impression?

<confused>

Stop fucking worrying, if you don't click your ads you're fine, Google knows all.

Status
Not open for further replies.