Porsche 201" outdoor TV

erect

Jun 3, 2007
Esoterica
twitter.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc-7ztJpLNo]C SEED 201 - The World´s Largest Outdoor LED TV by Porsche Design Studio (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

wow.

just wow

My first thought was "Holy Trashy" Then I watched the video and IT COMES OUT OF THE GROUND.

half a million.

Hmm at that price point, it's a horrible idea from Porsche I think. Why wouldn't you just buy a high quality HD projector and spend 100 times less?

This thing requires digging a whole in your garden and isn't portable in any way.

Sweat your ass off outside in the summer, freeze your ass in the winter - while watching TV.
or...
Be in a temperature controlled room, without being interrupted by birds, squirrels, coons, dogs, neighbors....

hrrmm

Why is it so high from the ground?

Meant for 100+ person parties, is my guess. No real idea though.

Nonetheless, not sure what Porsche was thinking developing this? Maybe mainly an R&D project, and they figured, "might as well make some bucks out of this if we can"?

That couldn't have been cheap to develop, the market is extremely small, and within 5 - 10 years it'll be completely obsolete:

Interactive 'wallpaper' screens are the future of TV - 16 May 2012 - New Scientist

Looks like that's really footage of it working and not some mockup CGI shit, crazy.

Look closely at the top left of the screen as it pans away when fully open, the motion tracking isnt quite 100% in this render, giving it away.

Lol, the video and acting seems so fake and funny. Seems like something I would see on The Onion.

TVs are so cheap today it would be cheaper to just buy a normal TV and replace it every time it rained.

pJiyI.gif