Poorly designed, mismanaged domains. Men.com, Sex.com...anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Oct 8, 2006
These are two glaring examples of what happens when multi million dollar domain names and properties are put into the hands of people that don't know what they are doing.

Both have had millions of dollars invested into them, have undergone several layouts and owners in the past couple of years. And both definitely don't live up to their potential. In sex.com's case they are probably better off parking it and keeping it parked.

I mean men.com and sex.com both asked for help/suggestions on GFY of all places...one even holding a layout contest.

I don't get how both of them can both be so mismanaged. There are so many talented designers out there. Just take a look at CSSBeauty.com. $2,000 (tops) would get you a great flexible layout. And for $5,000 (still a little high) you could have the ultimate custom coded CMS to plug into the layout. With the presentation down for under $10k now you can spend millions on content.

Compare Askmen.com and Men.com

Where are the millions going?

Are there anymore domain names out there? I'm specifically referring to the ones that are in development or have been developed...not parked.

i would add some social networking app on sex.com and have people upload naked videos or something along that line. Like fling.com and let nature take its course. Have a shitload of articles on sex, how to attract women, how to attract and keep your man. Something along that line. Oh god have open ads on the system and sell ads to some hungry affiliate. :)
I was reading some shit from frank schilling or whoever he is, and he basically said alot of bankers getting into domaining are doing it the wrong way, by calculating the ppc value of keywords that the domain might hold. Or something along that line.
Its 4 a.m in the morning so excuse me, gotta sleep.

p.s god i wish i owned that domain.

the new owner of sex.com is redesigning the whole site.. BIG THINGS. he has big ideas.. had dinner with him in san fran during ad tech

Status
Not open for further replies.