Please give me your suggestion on increase CTR on my affilaite page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an analytics program or use googles free one and monitor what people are doing. Make changes based on the data.

Great looking site.

Puripong, here are a few suggestions that I have for you:

1. Avoid using "buy it now" as the text for the buttons in the phone ads. People will naturally be less inclined on clicking it because you are associating the phones with a transaction upfront. It is better to use less blatant text such as "Learn More!" so the user can go to the destination page and read more about the product before engaging further. If you were a user, would you want to engage in a transaction before you knew anything about the product? :cool2:

2. Design a new headline. The headline is among the first elements that users will see on your page, so it will naturally dictate the perception that people have of your page. To be quite honest with you, it's too amateurish looking and doesn't capture the user's attention. It needs to be larger (fitting the horizontal span of the elements on the page) and the design should be improved. As I've learned from personal experience, providing a professional look and feel really goes a long way in getting people to trust your site and want to engage in the actions you want them to.

3. On your carrier-specific phone pages, I would advise putting the phone ads either on the right sidebar (one stacked on top of each other extending down the page) or placing the phone ad group you have after the end of your post and say something like "Learn More About Verizon Phones Available" or something of that sort. Placing it in the middle of the post as you do now produces an unnatural break in the user's attention. By placing it on the side, you are subconsciously encouraging the user to consider getting a phone since it's on the corner of their eye while reading the article, or putting it towards the end will make it more natural for the conversion process to take place since they are most likely to be convinced on getting a phone after reading your article.

4. Place a colored border around each phone ad to attract more attention. You can use a more attention-grabbing color such as orange.

I hope this helps.

Puripong, here are a few suggestions that I have for you:

1. Avoid using "buy it now" as the text for the buttons in the phone ads. People will naturally be less inclined on clicking it because you are associating the phones with a transaction upfront. It is better to use less blatant text such as "Learn More!" so the user can go to the destination page and read more about the product before engaging further. If you were a user, would you want to engage in a transaction before you knew anything about the product? :cool2:

2. Design a new headline. The headline is among the first elements that users will see on your page, so it will naturally dictate the perception that people have of your page. To be quite honest with you, it's too amateurish looking and doesn't capture the user's attention. It needs to be larger (fitting the horizontal span of the elements on the page) and the design should be improved. As I've learned from personal experience, providing a professional look and feel really goes a long way in getting people to trust your site and want to engage in the actions you want them to.

3. On your carrier-specific phone pages, I would advise putting the phone ads either on the right sidebar (one stacked on top of each other extending down the page) or placing the phone ad group you have after the end of your post and say something like "Learn More About Verizon Phones Available" or something of that sort. Placing it in the middle of the post as you do now produces an unnatural break in the user's attention. By placing it on the side, you are subconsciously encouraging the user to consider getting a phone since it's on the corner of their eye while reading the article, or putting it towards the end will make it more natural for the conversion process to take place since they are most likely to be convinced on getting a phone after reading your article.

4. Place a colored border around each phone ad to attract more attention. You can use a more attention-grabbing color such as orange.

I hope this helps.

Thanks god!! You noticed me a lot of things that I never though of. :bowdown:Thank you very much for details suggestion.

This is what I meant before when I mentioned your lack of affiliate links. Place more affiliate links within your text and images to give your viewers more options to click. This may help to increase your conversions. Take for example the Virgin Mobile article, there's no place for me to sign up with Virgin Mobile (that I can see) so become an affiliate for that and place those links on your blog.

First of all, that's a great design. :) Second, you need more affiliate text links, as Grafix pointed out. Trust me, an enticing text link will convert better than a seizure-inducing banner any day. Other than that, the site is very well done and nicely structured.

This is what I meant before when I mentioned your lack of affiliate links. Place more affiliate links within your text and images to give your viewers more options to click. This may help to increase your conversions. Take for example the Virgin Mobile article, there's no place for me to sign up with Virgin Mobile (that I can see) so become an affiliate for that and place those links on your blog.

Thanks Grafix. I added more affiliate link actually but it seems not visible for many people. I am thinking about use some graphics button instead of text. :D

First of all, that's a great design. :) Second, you need more affiliate text links, as Grafix pointed out. Trust me, an enticing text link will convert better than a seizure-inducing banner any day. Other than that, the site is very well done and nicely structured.

Thanks MyownDemon. I saw your thread about landing page service. Are you offer attractive graphic button creation services? :D

I have looked at PhoneDog affiliate control panel but that's too bad. There are no option for change displayed text (such as "Buy now"). They have offered the fix javascript for me to embed within post with no many configuration I can set up. Except I have to work with their API and pull data I wanted to display myself. Too bad that I have a lack of programming skill. Can you guys recommend me some? :)

Sawaat dii krab.

I really wanted to echo this one. I'd couch the copy with a less obtrusive call to action as well, something like "View Local Deals" but better - maybe if you have a geotracking script "View Deals in [City]!". Give people the idea that somehow there's something waiting for them on the next page. Anyhow, yeah, that could help. Maybe even put a zip code box and use "Enter zip for local deals" and prepop using geotracking then try to figure out if there's an open hook for a GET or POST variable on the next page where you can pass the zip through and have it prepopped on the advertiser end (assuming that's possible and not expressly forbidden).

My 0.02 satang.

Sawaat dii krab.

I really wanted to echo this one. I'd couch the copy with a less obtrusive call to action as well, something like "View Local Deals" but better - maybe if you have a geotracking script "View Deals in [City]!". Give people the idea that somehow there's something waiting for them on the next page. Anyhow, yeah, that could help. Maybe even put a zip code box and use "Enter zip for local deals" and prepop using geotracking then try to figure out if there's an open hook for a GET or POST variable on the next page where you can pass the zip through and have it prepopped on the advertiser end (assuming that's possible and not expressly forbidden).

My 0.02 satang.

Thanks, you look very friendly and seems you like my home country, don't you? If so, which is the best place for you in Thailand? :D

I am doing many things to improve my blog
- Hired some coder to design new unique template already. Which has eye catching header as fluidc suggested.
- Learning to extract data to display as the way that not much intrusive. As I said, they did not allow me to change anything in display unless I have to do manually with their rest calls and API.
- Trying to customize sidebar to display specific phone for specific post. It seems hard because I asked this similar question in Wordpress support forums, Moshu (MOD) told me that I have to create each sidebar file for each post. I'm ok with that but he said that is not wise way and not told me how to do that. :)

I will update here again when my new template finished.

My new blog is here. I got decent traffics but much less in CTR. What can I do to improve CTR on my blog? :D

great design and great start! most of my sites look like kindergarten finger paintings.

The biggest thing that I notice about the site is that you are not really guiding me to do something. If you look at most of the great sales copy on or offline, the key is about guiding your user to the next step. Online users tend to be a little more savvy, so it is best to give them multiple ways to get where you want, but you still need to guide them. I think your blog and the articles are great content, but not necessarily great Copy.

Other have pointed out that you can pull this off graphically (nice big flashy buttons that integrate into the deisgn), or in chaning some of your content to sales copy.

What I believe you have working here is the beginning framework for a great authority site - now you have to decide where to take your users experience. Gently guide them to a close.

How are you getting your traffic, and where specifically are you sending them in your site?

1) increase the size of the images, and the text ...

The above the fold images and "buy it now" buttons are just a big jumble that people are going to scroll past, and then they will abandon, because your text is small and there is no bolding. Also, try "continue reading" for your button text instead.

Blogs with small text suck. ... and all those light blue links ... go big or go home.

2) Now, stick your head in the toilet and flush.

great design and great start! most of my sites look like kindergarten finger paintings.

The biggest thing that I notice about the site is that you are not really guiding me to do something. If you look at most of the great sales copy on or offline, the key is about guiding your user to the next step. Online users tend to be a little more savvy, so it is best to give them multiple ways to get where you want, but you still need to guide them. I think your blog and the articles are great content, but not necessarily great Copy.

Other have pointed out that you can pull this off graphically (nice big flashy buttons that integrate into the deisgn), or in chaning some of your content to sales copy.

What I believe you have working here is the beginning framework for a great authority site - now you have to decide where to take your users experience. Gently guide them to a close.

How are you getting your traffic, and where specifically are you sending them in your site?

Thanks for great suggestion. Most of my traffics come from Google and Yahoo but Google the most. 90% of traffics come from search results and go to inner page instead of home page.

I agreed about no lead point for readers, I am thinking to figure out how to lead them to do what I wanted while I still not obstruct them. I want my reader to satisfied and following my recommend product because they have trust for their reading and have interest for products. As I told, I tried to pull data out manually via API to avoid some thing like "Buy now" which make people leave.

1) increase the size of the images, and the text ...

The above the fold images and "buy it now" buttons are just a big jumble that people are going to scroll past, and then they will abandon, because your text is small and there is no bolding. Also, try "continue reading" for your button text instead.

Blogs with small text suck. ... and all those light blue links ... go big or go home.

2) Now, stick your head in the toilet and flush.

Thanks for another great suggestion. I will try to increase font size and see if it's look good and easy to read.

wordpress theme coder guy I hired still not finished his job. I paid upfront in full but not timely delivered, how sad.

I have bad news to tell, I have to use current theme because the guy I hired to design my theme he failed me. He charged me full and delivered me a junk. I don't know what to say but have to replied him to fixed weird things and many bugs he did for me. I'm looking for wordpress theme designer. Do you guys have someone to recommend me?

Puripong,

Is there a specific reason why you need a Wordpress theme designer? There are a lot of good themes out there that you can install on your site for free. Here is a blog that provides a list of great Wordpress themes: BestWPThemes.

If you want a more minimalist look, check these out: The Best Minimalist Wordpress Themes.

In the meantime, you should try optimizing the post-specific elements on your page under your current theme and extract as much value as you can. Your changes will still be intact if you decide to switch to a new theme.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.