Planning on a multiuser WH Blog setup - WPMU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake

Jun 9, 2007
I did the search for WPMU but did not see much recently.

I will be setting up a MU Blog setup for different anonymous people. Not friends, coworkers, or family. Just random people. If it goes viral it might take off. I bet I will get at least 100 blogs in the first month.

I know some people don't like WPMU but I am leaning towards that. Because of themes, support forums, and I know WP single blogs. Also there is a newer WPMU version that is fairly good. Also the SEO plugins that I want to run on all blogs. Is this a good idea? What plugins should I do sitewide? The users will be mostly newbies. I have looked at a few alternatives but am not thrilled by the support, themes, or peoples experience with the platform.

What should the hosting be like? I was looking at this...Reseller Hosting, Multiple Domain Hosting | Bulk Reseller Hosting - LOW COST !
Iv Hosting Special at $99 a year. Reseller...

All other hosting I have is wimpy shared hosting.

I know WP but have never touched WPMU at all. Anyone care to walk me through it or mentor me via PM. This is a non profit thing, so I or my users wont be spamming your niches.

Also I want to offer free email with my domain ie user@mydomain.com . Is g00gle the best way to do this? That Google apps thing...

I just bought 3 domains and am trying to decide which one. This project is a definite. So any help much appreciated. PM me if you want to volunteer, I need Multiuser blog help, logo design, some coding, and someone to bounce ideas off.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.