Planning a trip to Maui... recommendations for condos?

ImagesAndWords

StayblCam.com
Nov 7, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.stayblcam.com
Hai guys...
Me and teh wife, and another couple are planning a trip to Maui early in the fall, and we're looking at good places to stay while we're there. Doesn't have to be 5-stars or anything, but at least a decent place (not a shithole either) fairly close to beaches, not too kiddie/family-like, etc. ;)

Perhaps some of you guys here own or know of some good condos?

Or...for the guys here who live in Hawaii and are familiar with Maui, I'd love to hear some recommendations on things to do/see there, etc. This will be our first time in Hawaii, btw.

Thanks!

I'm going to Maui next month. 24 days and counting.

Got this Maui Hotels | The Westin Maui Resort & Spa | Maui Spa Resorts resort, I guess its 4.5 star.
Regular price starts at $299 and goes up to $400 per night.
I got mine for $140 using priceline.com bidding feature.
I use this site BiddingForTravel.com Forums to help me see what bid prices are getting excepted.

westinroom.jpg

If you guys are in Honolulu come hit me up and we can shoot the shit farealz.

Only one tip. Make sure you ask the condo management if they have a curfew. I've stayed at two different places in maui before and found out after we arrived that they have an 8pm lights out curfew so the old people can get their rest. It sucked big time.
I came back from walking the boardwalk and dinner the first night and they got all pissed off that i was coming back so late. We weren't allowed outside of our condo and the lights had to be off with complete silence at 8pm. The first place i fell for that also had this old giezer neighbor that would go sit on the balcony with the room phone at 7:45pm every single night i was there and call management at exactly 8:01 to report everyone outside of their rooms. The other place would allow your lights to be on but not walk around the resort.
I'll never go back to maui ever again. Honolulu is cool though

Old people pretty much dominate maui so you gotta watch for annoying shit like that. As there's really only 2 main highways on Maui I won't get into the thousands of old people vs one 2-lane highway bitchfest.

We stayed at a place in Lahaina years ago. It was a nice small town, but I think the beaches were rocky.

Make sure you the road to Hana, take some lunch and eat at one of the parks on the way. Also, take a drive up Haleakala and see the crate and observatory. Very cool to get there for sunrise. You can take a bus up and coast down on bikes. Of course there's always surfing, helicopter rides, golf, luaus, etc.

Mamas fish house and Haile Maile's ROCK.
BEST food on the island.

Stay in Kaanapali...Maui ocean villas are where we go $450/nite..laundry in room, 3 rooms, kitchen etc.
Place rocks..
but anywhere in Kaanapali works..
If you dont like resorts, VRBO is the best for renting condo's and property..
IMO the wailea side isnt all that..ie Four Seasons etc..

Definitely recommend staying in Kaanapali. Best beaches in Maui. Lahaina isn't a good place to stay, IMO. Good selection of restaurants but the beaches suck and it's always windy.

Check out the Hawaii packages at http://www.hawaii4less.com

They usually have some decent deals with car rental (a car is absolutely necessary on Maui). I stayed at the Maui Kai last time. It's nothing too fancy but it's literally on the beach in Kaanapali and they are condos w/ kitchens. Maui is extremely laid back. A lot people find it "boring" but they usually looking for a party scene or into shopping.