Pinging vs RSS directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

amzako

Jan 3, 2009
I've recently been reading about creating big RSS feeds and submitting them to RSS directories in order to try to build links and getting pages indexed. My question is, if my WP blog pings a long list of of sites, does that accomplish something different than submitting the RSS feeds to directories?

Can anybody share a good stratgey for building links via RSS disribution (for example RSS blackholes).

Thanks in advance!

I've recently been reading about creating big RSS feeds and submitting them to RSS directories in order to try to build links and getting pages indexed. My question is, if my WP blog pings a long list of of sites, does that accomplish something different than submitting the RSS feeds to directories?

Can anybody share a good stratgey for building links via RSS disribution (for example RSS blackholes).

Thanks in advance!

Pinging and Submitting to RSS directories are two different things.

1. Pinging is like an alert service. It is getting the attention of search engines to crawl your page faster.
2. Submitting to RSS directories is about building backlinks.

Strategy? Build links slowly and CONSISTENTLY.

Don't submit your links to a lot of sources at one time. Spread it over a few days and do it for a consistently for a few weeks to even months depending on the competition.

This is the key to achieving long term progressive position.

Your sites will achieve a better ranking than most sites that build their links too fast and then die off.

Status
Not open for further replies.