Ping vs Natural Crawling

Kdpelkin

Oct 6, 2011
USSR
Any opinions on this? I feel like I should let Google Naturally crawl over my Profiles and Comments rather than ping it.

Anyone have any insight or is there another post regarding this topic?

Are we talking a huge bunch of xrumer/scrapebox links, or manual high PR site profiles/comments? High PR = they will probably get found on their own. Others, pinging them might help get more crawled. Personally, I like to let them be found naturally, but I have never done any extensive testing on that.

We ping search engines to speed up the crawling and indexing... Once your profiles and comments are crawled by Google, what is the purpose of pinging then?

Are we talking a huge bunch of xrumer/scrapebox links, or manual high PR site profiles/comments? High PR = they will probably get found on their own. Others, pinging them might help get more crawled. Personally, I like to let them be found naturally, but I have never done any extensive testing on that.
If it's xrumer I'd ping, but scrapebox gets picked up pretty well without pinging, probably because someone else is already pinging the page out of the 1000 spammers that hit that thang....

Like what tx2okc said, depends on the quality of the site the link is on. But for the most part, pinging is better than not pinging in my experience.

I've seen a few HIGH PR pages with my profiles get picked up QUICK by google, again these are profiles and I am using DFB with the DFL tool.

Some pages are indexed quickly, I haven't checked what PR rank those are but I will double check.