Picking up a domain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenvy

Worseless Webmaster
Sep 29, 2006
PDX
Quick question:

There's a domain parked in Sedo and I really wanna grab it, Sedo says it might be for sale but it ask you to offer a bid...don't really wanna overbid for that domain. So whats the best place to get a rough estimate of a certain domain name.

Well, a domain doesn't usually have a set "worth" but you can get estimates based on traffic data usually from places like dnScoop - Domain Name Value, History, Stats Tool and Forums Don't take it as a serious appraisal, but it will give you a rough idea of some statistics regarding the domain. As for Sedo, I would just whois the domain and send the guy a direct email. Maybe after some negotiating back and forth you guys can settle on a price thats fair for both parties.

Well, a domain doesn't usually have a set "worth" but you can get estimates based on traffic data usually from places like dnScoop - Domain Name Value, History, Stats Tool and Forums Don't take it as a serious appraisal, but it will give you a rough idea of some statistics regarding the domain. As for Sedo, I would just whois the domain and send the guy a direct email. Maybe after some negotiating back and forth you guys can settle on a price thats fair for both parties.

when you usually email the person do you offer a price or ask him what he asking for it?

don't wanna offer him a price and he feels offend by the offer and not sell it to me.

*just check the stats and the site has nothing for traffic...its a pretty brand new domain, just got picked up 5 months ago...no pages index anywhere.

UPDATE:

He wants $75 for a 5 month old domain with no traffic or pages index

What do you guys think? need a second opinion?

he first said $200!?! but brought it down to $75 after saying the most i'll offer was $50

quick reply please!

how can we possibly answer that without knowing the domain. if you feel you can make more than 75$ with that domain over another one, then buy it. whats it worth to you?

how can we possibly answer that without knowing the domain. if you feel you can make more than 75$ with that domain over another one, then buy it. whats it worth to you?

alright....thanks

If you are selling it through Sedo, I'd imagine he won't be going much lower as Sedo has a minimum commission of either $50 or $60. You seem to be doing a great job of negotiating him down (or he may be negotiating himself down :)).

As the others say, figure out what the name is worth to you and what you will do with it. Personally, I think $75 for a GOOD aftermarket name is a good price. If it's a hyphenated .biz typo then maybe its not worth the $75. So much of a domain's worth can be influenced by what you do with it.

Also, don't cry over spilled milk and don't stress over what he paid and when. That should have no effect on what it's worth to you.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.