Picking a new offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric281

Lucky Noob.
Jan 7, 2008
I'm trying to figure out what kind of price range my next CPA offer should be in for PPC. I've seen people say you need $10+ and I've seen people say that they make all kinds of money with $1.25 zip submits.

I've ran a few PPC/CPA campaigns and broken even mostly, lost a little money on some. I'm wanting to give it another good try, so I bought a domain specific to a few types of offers. Built a small site, wrote some articles and got it indexed. It's even getting some organic traffic now. I'm submitting it to a bunch of directories and trying to build a little authority. Now that it's going I wanted to pick an offer, have someone make me a nice landing page and start working on a small keyword list and building it up a little slower than the 2-3k word lists i started with on the others.

There are 3 types of offers that go with my "niche". Either one page submits that pay $2-3, 3-4 page forms that pay generally about $9-10, and then per sale offers that pay 25-30ish. I'm assuming pay per sale might be a little too ambitious to start off with, but should I be going for the one page $2.50 offers just to get a feel for it, or will bigger payouts give me more room for error?

The ONLY way to know which will perform the best is to test all 3 offers. The best converting will not always be what you think.

I wouldn't scare people off of that arena. Everyone gets hit by some random shit from google. Its all part of the business.

I agree with that. Just wanted to warn against something Google now has made clear that they don't tolerate and that chances are high of getting bitch-slapped with these types of offers.

But of course there are other big fish out there too. :)

How in the world does Google know what you are promoting? You think they follow every link on your site and manually review every site you promote? People are making a killing promote all types of free + shipping offers via AdWords.

How in the world does Google know what you are promoting?
Manual reviews, which they do on random sites. Obviously the adwords bot is left to analyze most of the millions of sites out there, but they also do have a staff of people who review landing pages too you know.

You think they follow every link on your site and manually review every site you promote?
Again - obviously not every site is manually reviewed. But...when they do decide to review your site - you can bet they will follow every link and see what you're doing. ;)

People are making a killing promote all types of free + shipping offers via AdWords.
Of course. The ones I told Google about are still online as of today, even though Google agreed that these sites were also violating the same rule I was penalized for(!)
I'm just saying that as time goes by, it will become harder to promote these kinds of offers on Google due to their "Data Collection Site" policy.

Then again - there will always be ways to slip through the cracks, and I'm working on a solution to that as we speak ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.