PHPBay Tips -How to Tell If you keywords have auctions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddarhusetgal

Incongruous Juxtaposition
May 2, 2007
I have a really old (phypro) version of phpbay. Anyway, it's on a site that I am basically trying to close out this month (i.e. ignore it after that). I would probably upgrade were it not the highest priority.

Anyway, I want to figure out how I can find out if my keywords have auctions attached to it. I am basically doing a csv upload with the phpbay tag (i.e. [phpbay]) and in one column I have dozens of make and model numbers. The only issue is that I did a "test" run and alot of the pages come up with "no auctions for these keywords". Obviously I don't want that to show.

So my question is is there a way to find out if a given set of keywords have auctions attached to it? Or is there some kind of if/then statement I can put in so that if those keywords don't have auctions, something will run in its place.

The only other (tiresome) solution I can think of is to go through dozens of these make/model number combinations and enter them here - http://www.terapeak.com/ebay_research/ - to see if auctions pop up (first). Obviously that is not what I want to do....

put in two tags - one with your specific query, then below it something like

Related Items:
[broad search]

At least it doesn't waste the page.

I do this on a site and and on top I have the specific niche search and below it the broad niche search.

thanks radio....

the only thing that worries me is the "nothing found for this keyword" - doesn't that leave a bit of a footprint?

On a different note is that your new ebay plugin? I definitely see myself scooping that up once I've closed out some other projects.....

Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.