phishing myspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

waraas

ahhhh
Nov 6, 2006
Idaho Falls, Idaho
www.jonwaraas.com
how are they doing it and why are so many people falling so it? My myspace account with 12k ppl get like 100 messages/comments a day from people with cool new iphones or some shit. So I was woundering how they do that on that big of a scale?

MySpace is going through what AOL went through a few years back. I imagine there is software creating these accounts and blasting away at myspace users 24/7. How? Im not sure. I havent used or plan to use one of these programs.

As for people falling for the scam. If your sending out to millions of users, someone will fall for anything. Look at the age range of people who use myspace. Its around 13-26; not the most savy of crowd. Some might consider these people "dumb" when it comes to knowlege of the internet. Same goes for AOL users. See the parallels?

The past couple of days I have run into a few profiles with phishing pages. Basically, anywhere you click on the user's profile you get redirected to a totally new domain that mirror's Myspace and gives a message that you have to log back in.

Since most users don't look at their address bar, they fall for it. One of my friends who has been using the internet for years, knows plenty about computers and phishing, had his account phished last year.

I amusing part is people think they got "hacked." Nope you were just careless and gave a stranger your login info.

I got phished about 6 months ago on one of my fake myspace profiles, that i was building up to send buletins and comments. I have no idea how it happened. But i didnt really care, because it wasnt like it was my real account

I get it as well, darkened screen with a little red exclamation mark where the rss feed icon is

its all pretty gay if you ask me..........kinda off the subject but im tired of 9 hot girls wanting to be my friend every day then only wanting me to get a free ps3 LOL

If you have 12k myspace friends I imagine you accepted a large number of spammers. It isn't neccesarily from "phished" accounts, just spammers building accounts from the ground up.

I think its harder to phish myspace now with all the "Suspected Forgery" tools in most modern browsers. It used to be a piece of cake though.

Last year I set up a fake login page, then made friends with telia tequila and all those other "myspace celebs" with like 100,000+ friends. Then I posted a swf file in a comment that used actionscripts getUrl() function to redirect them to my login page.

I went on spring break, came back a week later, and had 1,400+ logins with absolutely no work :).

Then myspace blocked scripting in swf and I got lazy.

I think its harder to phish myspace now with all the "Suspected Forgery" tools in most modern browsers. It used to be a piece of cake though.

Last year I set up a fake login page, then made friends with telia tequila and all those other "myspace celebs" with like 100,000+ friends. Then I posted a swf file in a comment that used actionscripts getUrl() function to redirect them to my login page.

I went on spring break, came back a week later, and had 1,400+ logins with absolutely no work :).

Then myspace blocked scripting in swf and I got lazy.

Not that I'd do this shit, but if I was stealing people's account details I wouldn't be boasting about it publicly. Especially without private whois on my domains....

Myspace is screwed? I see their topping 170 mil now but every profile I had to blast out messages with has hundreds of smam comments, kids profiles have been hijacked..

"Hey man this is the iPhone i was telling you about.. haha lame. Im sure it works tho!

I think alot of user are/will start to defer to facebook.

Not that I'd do this shit, but if I was stealing people's account details I wouldn't be boasting about it publicly. Especially without private whois on my domains....

Its a movie plot I was working on... None of it is true obviously :)

how are they doing it and why are so many people falling so it? My myspace account with 12k ppl get like 100 messages/comments a day from people with cool new iphones or some shit. So I was woundering how they do that on that big of a scale?

XSS. I'll leave you to figure out the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.