PayPal Subscriptions

Skint

Aug 16, 2010
I want to offer an E-Mail subscription on my site where people subscribe and pay a recurring amount each month for an E-Mail report. I know it's possible to setup subscriptions but is it possible to build E-Mail lists with PayPal and have access to all of subscribers' E-Mails so I can send them the reports?

Or would I have to manually find them and copy and paste each one?

Thanks

Why not use a separate service to manage the email list? There's more features available with services like MailChimp, PostMark, SendGrid..

Why not use a separate service to manage the email list? There's more features available with services like MailChimp, PostMark, SendGrid..

Yes I do already have a wordpress plugin that collects E-Mails but I now want to keep the E-Mails separate and charge for a monthly subscription to make more money, and if I can also get access to the E-Mails that have subscribed I could also send sales copies out every so often.

so let people pay for the subscription through paypal, and then import the emails of the paid subscribers into an email marketing app like mailchimp

Yeah I don't want to have to MANUALLY copy and paste each E-Mail, imagine if I had 500 subscribers and there's + or - 50 every month, that's 50 E-Mails I have add/take away from the E-Mail list - it'd be confusing as fuck.

Is there a simple way to extract them/have un-subscribers removed like ShopDeal said?

Yeah I don't want to have to MANUALLY copy and paste each E-Mail, imagine if I had 500 subscribers and there's + or - 50 every month, that's 50 E-Mails I have add/take away from the E-Mail list - it'd be confusing as fuck.

Is there a simple way to extract them/have un-subscribers removed like ShopDeal said?

since its a recurring subscription of $$xx per month, you export your paypal payments, sorting by amount to ensure that the guy who sent you $$xxx for that awesome handjob doesn't get your awesome report too, cutting and pasting those emails into your mail setup.

Since paypal sends payment notification email; you can use email filters and a simple script to ensure that new subscribers receive the current issue of your report on the same day as their first payment.

A simple spreadsheet that compares the current month's paypal report to the lasts month's will give you a list of people who have unsubscribed; you can mail them *****

Jesus, I'm tired just from thinking about this shit. I know it can all be done programatically, probably could be done just using excel, but fuck it. These guys seem to have it all figured out for you.

Tiny Letter

since its a recurring subscription of $$xx per month, you export your paypal payments, sorting by amount to ensure that the guy who sent you $$xxx for that awesome handjob doesn't get your awesome report too, cutting and pasting those emails into your mail setup.

Since paypal sends payment notification email; you can use email filters and a simple script to ensure that new subscribers receive the current issue of your report on the same day as their first payment.

A simple spreadsheet that compares the current month's paypal report to the lasts month's will give you a list of people who have unsubscribed; you can mail them *****

Jesus, I'm tired just from thinking about this shit. I know it can all be done programatically, probably could be done just using excel, but fuck it. These guys seem to have it all figured out for you.

Tiny Letter

Added bonus, the guy behind fuckedcompany and adbrite is behind this. I wondered what happened to that bastard.

Added bonus, the guy behind fuckedcompany and adbrite is behind this. I wondered what happened to that bastard.

Thanks man, looks good. They take zero percent on payments and I can get paid through PayPal - nice one!

Hopefully I can choose designs for the Subscribe button though, since a red theme would look hideous on my site.

Thanks man, looks good. They take zero percent on payments and I can get paid through PayPal - nice one!

Hopefully I can choose designs for the Subscribe button though, since a red theme would look hideous on my site.

I think it would be pretty easy to manipulate the hell out of the subscription elements.

I think it would be pretty easy to manipulate the hell out of the subscription elements.

Yeah I've added it to my site now!

I think I'll have a go editing it soon when I have some time, looks good. I only brought it up because I expected a huge big, red TinyLetter subscribe button which'd look really bad on my green/white theme.

Thanks a lot man, great system!

A lot of plugins and themes have very easy integration for email autoresponders and the paypal subscription service. Something like Optimizepress will streamline this and make the whole sales process and the backend more streamlined!

Tiny Letter

Seemed like the perfect solution for me except you can't do it on your own domain..

A lot of plugins and themes have very easy integration for email autoresponders and the paypal subscription service. Something like Optimizepress will streamline this and make the whole sales process and the backend more streamlined!

Think I am going with optimizepress..thanks