Passing a variable to merchant's form using HTML?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOwnDemon

Face Rocker
Jan 28, 2007
Iowa
www.sitestomp.com
Okay, I'm trying pass ONE variable to a merchant's form using HTML.

In the merchant's form there is a field for "Reffered by" and I want my ID to be automatically filled in when the user clicks over from my site to the merchant site.

How would I code something like that?

Here's what was supplied to me about the merchant form to pass the variable:

<input type="hidden" name="referredby" value="MyIDhere">

But I can't seem to figure out how to put it together:

Within the a href tag, I tried:
merchantsite.com/form.php?&inputtype=hidden&name=refferedby&value=MyIDhere

That doesn't work. Obviously, I am not a programmer at all, so any help you could guys could throw out would be awesome. :D

Examine the html of the form.
You may be able to use something like

merchantsite.com/form.php?referredby=myIDhere

If I understand correctly, though, if you're pre-filling the form, you may not be able to do that. The merchant could identify the form value as gobbledegook and you wouldn't know enough to correlate the name of the input box and the variable.

Anyway, the input type doesn't show up in the GET form variables, and you want something like variablename=value.

I uh hope I'm making sense.

I see what you're saying- you want to pass your referral ID into their form on their page. The following would be a part of their form:

<input type="hidden" name="referredby" value="MyIDhere">

MyIDhere would be picked up by GET and then dynamically inserted into the html form. All you should have to do is pass the data through your link and their php should do the rest. Your link would look like the following, but 'MyIDhere' would be replaced with whatever variable name they are using to pick up your referral ID.

merchantsite.com/form.php?MyIDhere=YourID

Status
Not open for further replies.