Pants where the zipper keeps coming down

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you do on jeans or pants where the zipper keeps coming down?

Listen here genius..

Either get it fixed, or buy a new pair of pants, I'm sure you can use it. If you're outside of the US (everywhere outside the US is a 3rd world country of course) then I guess you'll just have to retire the pants that were handed down to you generation after generation due to a faulty zipper from the crap buildup that accumulated in there from the dusty mines. Shit happens.

ROFL. you could always take it to your local dry cleaners and they will replace it for 5-10 bucks.

the way i see it is, you only have three choices
1) hang out with your wang out
2) Rock out with your cock out
3) zip tie

I posted this here because I knew I would get some funny answers. Thanks for all the replies. I also posted this on my forum (dance-forums.com) and got this good answer:
Try crimping the inside to outside of each side of the slider a little with a pair of pliers. Just a little though... if it's a cheap zipper you could easily break the slider in half.

Jeans zippers often have a little brass (or whatever ****l) projection that sticks into the zipper teeth when the pull is down; that might have worn off. But the more dress types slacks I'm wearing at the moment don't seem to.

Another thing you might try is to get some of the "carpet/button" thread and put two little hand stiches just outside the teeth just below where the slider would be when it's up, with the idea that these might be require willfull intent to get the slider past. You could also try raising a burr on the outside of teeth a little just below where you want it to rest, with pliers if they're brass, or with something hot if they're plastic, but that's probably a bit more risky.

This guy is a zipper repair expert. Too bad his knowledge comes handy only 0-1 times in per human life.

Status
Not open for further replies.