Paid Membership Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterX

Jun 25, 2006
Have you ever tried any paid membership sites or newsletters (and I don't mean dating or pr0n, but Internet Marketing related :p) ?!

I came across a few I was tempted to join, but never did and would like to know if anyone has any experience with any of them.

I've not found any that I have felt would be worht the fee. Jons premium section here might be different though!

I paid for DNForum.com Platinum, it was worth it to me, i made back that money in a week, then went on to sell a ton of domains i'd picked up for reg fee :p
that was before i found sitepoint tho, but now i use neither as i don't sell stuff anymore.

I've paid for access to an area on a forum. Thankfully it wasn't a lot of money. It was meant to be an exclusive area full of info and news not shared elsewhere on the site but since joining it a couple of months back it has had 2 posts in it neitehr of which were anything important enough to be in an exclusive area.

Nathan said:
I've paid for access to an area on a forum. Thankfully it wasn't a lot of money. It was meant to be an exclusive area full of info and news not shared elsewhere on the site but since joining it a couple of months back it has had 2 posts in it neitehr of which were anything important enough to be in an exclusive area.

That sucks. Is it a known forum (you don't have to name it) or a smaller, less known one ?!

Dave said:
oh, and i bought membership to Tault.com cos i am an affiliate there, that cost $30, my friend uses it quite a bit tho ;)
Interesting site, I've never heard of it before...What exactly do you get for your subscription, are we talking about game guides & cheats...?!

MisterX said:
Interesting site, I've never heard of it before...What exactly do you get for your subscription, are we talking about game guides & cheats...?!

guides, cheats, hacks, exploits, and it's actually a good site, has a lot of very interestin stuff.

I bought a sub to creativepublic.com back when it was cheap. It was ok, the quality of example docs weren't the greatest but it was nice to find a lot of useful docs all in one place. I think they've since raised their prices and I wouldn't re-sub again

Never have, never really been tempted. This one forums premium section is the only one Ive really been tempted by and will give some thought to.

I'm going to let this forums premium section de-virginize me, because its an entirely different thing and I REALLY liked the atmosphere of the pilot radio episode and the overall approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.