P202 w/ eCommerce - Viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

profitaddiction

Feb 9, 2009
www.profitaddiction.com
Has anybody successfully tracked an ecomm store using 202? I can see it being difficult because there are no real "affiliate" URLs, but that's just my thinking.

+rep and an internet high five if anybody can help :)

at a minimum you would need to be able to setup your ecommerce to report which subids converted so prosper could tell which clicks were worthwhile. I have done ecommerce in a few years but I don't know of software that is currently setup this way.

Has anybody successfully tracked an ecomm store using 202? I can see it being difficult because there are no real "affiliate" URLs, but that's just my thinking.

+rep and an internet high five if anybody can help :)

I'm trying to implement prosper202 to an ecommerce store as well. I'll post here if I figure it out.

you'd prolly be better off with analytics if you're doing ecommerce. i just never trusted affiliate data with google.

you'd prolly be better off with analytics if you're doing ecommerce. i just never trusted affiliate data with google.

I figured that would be the case.

I hate google and don't want them to have access to my data either, but I'd rather have accurate data and be able to optimize than failboat hardcore

Does affiliate data = ecomm data?

I think it could be done, if you can code. It might be a pain...

1. You'd need a way to determine the profit on each order. Not based on revenue.
2. On the checkout page, just load the subid in the order row. Be a simple hack to any existing shopping cart software.
3. No program a custom Revenue Report, that dumps your profit per subid and import it to P202.

Adding it to a system like OS Commerce should be as simple as that.

You'd have to mod it a little but it wouldn't be too hard. That is unless you don't have many products or don't mind mindlessly adding each one to the tracker...

create a dynamic link using the product id as the subid and go that way ^^^ Two posts up has a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.