ORM?

productionhead

Jul 14, 2007
Infinity
You guys have a good recommendation for SEO ORM? Looking to do "defensive" SEO / clean up results. Even just links to good articles would help. Thanks folks.

How not to:

101361-could-you-not-chloe-gif-girl-n-7Hic.gif

http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-...ngs-right-re-shitlist-bst-sales-disputes.html

How to:

comment_u8oVF6OwVOU5lL9yTDDq91g503xpN8tT.gif

http://www.wickedfire.com/enlightened-members/165738-online-reputation-management-hacker-style.html

Lately I've noticed Google ranking social sites less and less.

Big brand, mega brand are taking over in local/brand keywords with inner pages.

Example I've seen 5+ year old facebook pages, youtube, twitter, etc. Loaded with a TON of content not ranking on top.

Yet some blog inner page with the keyword and maybe 500-800 words is crushing it. (Interlinking, so much juice... Even when it's not even relevant)

Even worse. REVIEW sites are killing it right now. Build out some of those profiles. G is giving a LOT of love to those, even with only 1-2 reviews.

You guys have a good recommendation for SEO ORM? Looking to do "defensive" SEO / clean up results. Even just links to good articles would help. Thanks folks.

Some ideas and types of websites to use I posted earlier:

* Exact Match Domains
* Buying Domain Names That Include Your Keywords And Popular Neutral Phrases
* Look Into Using A Google Plus Profile And Google Authorship
* Business Directories (different tools you can use, things like using Google Alerts to automatically track your competition's business listings, etc)
* Social Media Websites
* Press Releases
* Social Media News Releases
* Article Directories
* Video Sharing Websites
* Image Sharing Websites
* Audio Sharing Websites
* Presentation Sharing Websites
* Document Sharing Websites
* See If You Can Acquire A Wikipedia Page
* Take Advantage Of Online Resume Websites
* Post On Online Marketplaces
* Post On Relevant Online Forums
* Conduct Paid Advertising Campaigns
* Post On Question and Answer Websites
* Build Your Own Public Lists
* Take Advantage of Content Curation Websites
* Take Advantage Of “Tagging” On The Websites That Encourage It
* Create A Subreddit
* Post on "How To" Websites
* Consider Using Pastebin
* Contact The Media
* Promote Your Brand By Hosting A Public Event
* Take Advantage Of The Fact That Google May Only Rank One Relevant Result Per Domain
* Keep Track of All Your Website URLs That You Develop and Promote Them Regularly
* Leverage Pre-Existing Positive Website Content When You Can

-- Online resume/portfolio websites seem to show up for a lot of different kinds of search queries these days. Examples: About.me, About.us, LookUpPage.com, Resume.com, Naymz, Flavors.me, Strikingly etc.

-- Leveraging pre-existing content is often overlooked and it can be very effective at quickly moving search results. Find positive or "neutral" online media coverage or any sort of older positive/neutral webpages with info about the company/person that are already ranking on the first pages. Then you can promote these pre-existing "positive" pages by linking to them.

Lately I've noticed Google ranking social sites less and less.

Big brand, mega brand are taking over in local/brand keywords with inner pages.

Example I've seen 5+ year old facebook pages, youtube, twitter, etc. Loaded with a TON of content not ranking on top.

Yet some blog inner page with the keyword and maybe 500-800 words is crushing it. (Interlinking, so much juice... Even when it's not even relevant)

Even worse. REVIEW sites are killing it right now. Build out some of those profiles. G is giving a LOT of love to those, even with only 1-2 reviews.

I've seen similar stuff. Seems like Google constantly fluctuates and tilts the balance between "search query relevance" and "brand authority (domain)" in the SERPs. Can only imagine how different industries/classifications/queries are monitored and "weighted" when it comes to trying to achieve this sort of "balance". :uhoh2: