.org/.info EMD for product keywords (high OCI) - yes or no?

Anthony Walker

Mar 14, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with ranking .info EMDs for product related terms (high OCI)? How do they do compared to .coms? Do you think it would be better to get the .biz and try to rank that instead of the .org or .info, since that is a more "commercial" TLD, or does it not matter at all?

I can rank an .info domain the same as I can a .com if that is your question.

The best thing would be to create a subdomain structure that tricks google into thinking you have all the TLDs in one. This is a protected secret that is usually only discussed in the private section, but you want to do the following.

commercialemd.com.biz.net.mobi.commercialemd.info

The reason you do it that way is, usually the .info is available. So you have commercialemd.info. But the .info doesnt hold pagerank. Pagerank flows o the .info, but it bounces off as google has filters to prevent .infos from acquiring pagerank.

By creating the subdomain structure, you can make it look like you have any tld, by creating com.commercialemd.info. Now, you have commercialemd and .com in the domain name. Now, the com will be able to hold the pagerank. So you are tricking google.

If you go further by creating subdomains for all tlds on your own domain, you can filter all pagerank to all tlds, even though you only have one. This will get you ranked #1 above all other tlds, cause they are only using one tld, where you are using them all on one domain.

This might need to be moved back to the paid section. Just a teaser for what you will get. PM Grindstone for the membership form.

Guys, come on now, this is a legitimate question. I am wondering if anyone has ever witnessed anything to indicate Google distinguishes between commercial content (an e-commerce site, a small business site, etc) and purely informational content based on TLD, especially when EMDs are concerned.