Optimum article length for backlinking purposes?

cowsgonemad

Jun 11, 2010
Behind a proxy
hey guys,

When building contexual backlinks what word length would you recommend? is a 200 word length fine as long as the page is getting indexed? or should I go for 400 words.

thanks

300-500 words. Mix up the length. Add a second link to post that link to authority pages in your niche.
Make sure you have images and a video embedded. Rank....then tank :)

There is no magic number, I would say the most important thing is to make it as unique as possible. Spinning on the word level is NOT enough; swap in different sized paragraphs, sentences ect. If you're buying fresh content for each post, make the outline different for each article (don't have the same intro, detail 1, detail 2, conclusion kind if pattern).

Food for thought: a site that's linked to naturally will have a link in some 50 word posts, as we'll as some 'top 2000' long posts. The only thing that will remain constant is the fact that each naturally linking author would have a different style, layout, word choice, etc.

What I've used most and seem to work well are around 300-500 words with a density of around 2-5%. If you need any help writing any, or tips feel free to PM me.

200 words should be fine, some people just write one sentence below or in between an already indexed article.

However, there has to be some correlation between longer content and higher authority of the page, so longer content should help more.

dr-evil-1-million-dollars.jpg

One Million Words

hey guys,

When building contexual backlinks what word length would you recommend? is a 200 word length fine as long as the page is getting indexed? or should I go for 400 words.

thanks

Yes, 200 word length is more than enough but the thing the articles might be niche relevant....

Wish you all success!

It completely depends upon your Niche.... I would preferably go with 200 to 300 words... and may be not more than that....!

Y'all are falling behind the times. It's all about LOS now. (length on screen) This was changed in the last algorithm update. Google is now measuring relevancy by the length of the article in inches or centimeters as measured on screen. The unit of measurement depends on what country you get your hosting from.

Get a tape measure and line it up with your article title and measure downwards on your screen. You should aim for at least 4 inches (10.16 cm) for every time your keywords appear.

Seriously: you guys need to make friends with Google search and search for this stuff.

You can use both 200 or 500 words, before posting make sure your content has 100% uniqueness and copyscape passed. If these done, obviously your site will crawl faster and get indexed faster.