Opinions on Hostnine reseller hosting

DanWesson

Jan 13, 2010
Mempho backwoods
A search here didn't turn up very much, so I'm looking for opinions on hostnine's reseller hosting. Supposedly you are able to decide on a different location among their multiple available datacenters for each cPanel you create effectively giving you different IPs to build blocks of sites on.

So what say you?

Never heard of hostnine, though looking at the price you could just as easily get a VPS, then have a few IP addresses added to your account then that way any cpanel accounts you create can either be assigned to the shared, or to their own unique IP. The main disadvantage numbers wise is you don't typically get 500GB with a 30/month VPS. If I were going to do a reseller package off a shared host, I'd sooner go with hostgator.

I've never heard of that company, but that is not surprising consider the number of big and small hosting companies out there. You do not, typically, need to be in different data centers. You typically only need different C-Blocks for your IP range. Most hosts offer this to some degree.

For example, I can do 14 different C-Blocks, others offer more or less. Typically you would request something like this if you are doing SEO blogs, or you want to do cross linking with your sites to make it look like they are on different servers, and locations to game the search engine.

Buying additional c-block IP's are typically $1-2 per each additonal IP, or you but a block of 5/10/20. You can run them from the same box. You simply need to set them up in your control panel for the different sites.