Open source webtemplates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed with Peach, but those sites are a nice resource to start getting ideas from. I find I cant really come up with something from scratch, so I tend to browse around to get ideas.

a.titus1 said:
Agreed with Peach, but those sites are a nice resource to start getting ideas from. I find I cant really come up with something from scratch, so I tend to browse around to get ideas.
For ideas I often bookmark beautiful sites and browse through those, I have them sorted by year so I also get a nice styling trends archive.

I think I have about 200 nice sites bookmarked now.

I think some of those are great for getting a website off the ground or for a turnkey, but to me having your own design will pay off in the end.

OS templates might deliver a very good fundament for a website. With some tweaking and tuning you can make it pretty different and still have the basic layout. I think for small projects these layouts are great.

peach said:
I believe in making unique designs for each site, it's a form a branding.

Unique is better in seo no matter what the situation. Design. Content. Marketing Strategy. Adwords strategy.

I used free templates ages ago, mainly the ones with the iFrames, but i always end up designing my sites myself, feels so much better for ppl to comment nicely on ur own creation.

Dave said:
I used free templates ages ago, mainly the ones with the iFrames, but i always end up designing my sites myself, feels so much better for ppl to comment nicely on ur own creation.

Yeah that's true, but when i use a template i moderate is so much it doesn;t even look like the original anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.