Office chair recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

thong.jpg

this one looks good - i would go for something like this.

I have used a Herman Miller Aeron for the past three years. It has a very robust construction and is made with good quality materials and after three years of constant use still looks brand new.

Great chair for prolonged sitting as it is firm and directly supportive where it counts ie lower back and thighs. Never had back or leg ache no matter how many hours at a stretch i have sat on it. Ergonomically designed with fully adjustable arm rests, height, lumbar support, tilt, swivel etc

Anything else i sit on feels second rate after using this. They are pricey but i was able to pick up a new one on Ebay a good deal cheaper than from a dealer.

ok that was me acting like a child and the picture is gone now so maybe that is for the better. I did love the plush red red and animal print of the one above but come on it's just not practical - and from the look of it may come with some serious STD's. For real the best chair you can get is the Herman Miller Aeron Chair but is is $$$$ i found one for about $800 and I think its worth it. If that is to $$ check out the HON chairs at staples, i had one of these and it was great for $200.

need to get a new chair myself - this metal gymnasium chair is digging holes in the wood floor and my ass is sore!

need to get a new chair myself - this metal gymnasium chair is digging holes in the wood floor and my ass is sore!

wtf dude??? I thought you were steppin up last week or something! Did you back down?

wtf dude??? I thought you were steppin up last week or something! Did you back down?

went to go check it out... and it just didn't feel as good to sit in as it had the time before. so i balked. i'm fucking dying here. steel seat does not compute!

We've had this conversation a few times now, but Obus Forme FTW.

I'm not a big fan of Aeron or Aeron style knock off mesh chairs either.

These guys know back support. You really can't go wrong with one of their high back chairs as illustrated. They have a lot of adjustments that can be made, parts can be swapped out and they come in a wide variety of fabrics and finishes including leather.

Obusforme_feature_8.jpg

You don't have to spend 1k on an Aeron. Look for used office furniture places in your area, especially if you live in a place where a lot of tech/banking companies have gone bust and you can find them for as low as $300 hardly used or not used at all. Also, a quick search on ebay shows several available in the $300-$400 range.

Seriously though, don't disregard my recommendation for the Obus Forme. They are much more comfortable that the Aeron IMO, more adjustable, and are made by a company that speciallizes in back support devices. Herman Miller doesn't.

They also look great, especially in some of the nicer fabrics and finishes.

$60 Wal Mart special. It has a nice mesh back and is amazingly comfortable (and tough). The seat pan is even wide enough for fat asses like mine.

i've had my Aeron for about 8 months now. in no other chair can i sit and work for 14 hours without discomfort. even though it could have been partially written off as a legitimate business expense, i bought mine off a local person (craigslist) for $300, great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.