Not getting impresions from placement targeting?

Buhry

May 14, 2009
Hey guys, I launched two placement targeted campaign yesterday on google. I made one text campaign, and one campaign with banners in 8 different sizes.

I dug up 98 sites that had adsense and decent traffic volume. Put them all in the same adgroup, sat max bids to about a dollar. Niche is a pretty popular one.

So far I've gotten 128 impressions and 1 click(for theimage campaign), and its pretty slow going. These impressions are all from one of the 98 domains, all of the others have zero impressions.

How long will it take for these domains to start getting impressions? Do I have to raise my bids if I don't get impressions after a while? From what I can see all my ads have been approved, at least the image ads.

I also started some other campaigns on regular content. One of them has gotten 8100 impressions and 30 clicks so far, so a 0,37 ctr. Avg position is 1,2. I'm targeting some pretty high volume keywords. I'm not close to reaching my budget either, as I've spent about 9 bucks so farin total and my daily budget is 50. Will I start getting more impressions as the campaigs grow older?

Same problems here...

I've never been able to get any volume on google placement campaigns.

What is the trick? CPM bidding?