Noob needs help monetizing his site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaresh

Web Hosting Ninja!
Oct 21, 2006
London
Hi guys, I run a fairly successful soccer blog, and I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me monetize the site better, since I'm unable to tap into the massive traffic this blog gets.

Adsense and CPX makes up for just loose change, I was looking for good affiliate offers, that might work on a site like mine.

Most of my traffic is from the UK, so something targeted towards them sounds sensible, but the question is what do I promote ?

Currently I have Kitbag's affiliate banners, but the CTR on those banners is extremely low, so I'm thinking of replacing them with some other product(s).

Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Brainstorming out loud here:

• Ticket retailer (like stubhub in united states)
  • Voting Zip Submits (Which team is better: AC Milan or Manchester United? Vote and win a $500 Visa Gift Card) or they win something more sports related.
  • A sports gambling affiliate to bet on sports games
  • Not sure how you could set this up but you know how Orbitz has all those annoying FLASH GAME ADS? If you could find one where you have to kick the ball in the goal, I bet that would get clicks like a MOFO.
  • Have a schedule of soccer games and depending on the teams playing, offer travel packages to that city for that time frame, created dynamically based on schedule and city.
All I got for now.. hope this helps.

@DelJean : Blogads.com currently don't seem to be accepting new blogs.

@trigatch4 : I tried signing up to the stubhub affiliate, but the problem is it doesn't cover soccer games played in the UK.

As for voting zip submits, what network do you recommend ? Azoogle ?

I'll look into your other suggestions as well.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.