[noob] I'm steadily ranking my niche site, need corresponding product, how?

ddall

Oct 21, 2011
T DOT
As said, steadily ranking niche site, getting some organic traffic. It is an action keyword for a product. Have a simple adsense ad up thus far.

I obviously want to monetize the site, especially with the increasing organic traffic. My problem is this: New to AM, I am not signed up with anyone.

How do I know which organization carries my type of product, and what the margins would be?

Amazon carries my keyword item however A) Commissions seem low.

Ideally I would like to contact a manufacturer personally and get set up that way but I am having trouble finding any in an English speaking country, and further more, have no idea how to implement a system so I could profit (drop shipping with an affiliate link? Is that even possible direct to manufacturer?

Thanks

Start by taking a look at all the companies that bid PPC on the keywords you rank for. Having a browse on their site you'll probably find one or two have internal affiliate programs. It's hard to advise since you havent given much info as to the nature of your niche, but since you mention Amazon I'll assume is a retail physical good. If that's the case, you'll also have a look on OfferVault, as well as check out the big general networks like CJ, Shareasale and Linkshare.

Yes indeed it is a retail product. Great suggestion SethH, I am going to do precisely what you suggested. In hindsight checking the PPC ads seems so obvious. Learn and move, learn and move.

Thanks.

To give you a heads up. If you want to be successful in marketing, you should always complete your market research, gather all the data, find the product/s, double check if there's enough demand for your niche to understand if it wofths your time or not, AND THEN build your website around that niche. Not the other way around.

This is actually a huge mistake newbies do. They like a niche, immediately jump on it and build a website then toss the wall. Because of poor planning, they don't know what to promote or how to monetize the website.

If you do a proper market research, including gathering demographics then you already know what the next step is and you will never get confused or lost during the process. Let me give you a hint: If you ever say "now what?" to yourself during a project, it means you skipped a step. Proper research and planning is not only the key to success, it will also save you huge time as well. Good luck.

To give you a heads up. If you want to be successful in marketing, you should always complete your market research, gather all the data, find the product/s, double check if there's enough demand for your niche to understand if it wofths your time or not, AND THEN build your website around that niche. Not the other way around.

This is actually a huge mistake newbies do. They like a niche, immediately jump on it and build a website then toss the wall. Because of poor planning, they don't know what to promote or how to monetize the website.

If you do a proper market research, including gathering demographics then you already know what the next step is and you will never get confused or lost during the process. Let me give you a hint: If you ever say "now what?" to yourself during a project, it means you skipped a step. Proper research and planning is not only the key to success, it will also save you huge time as well. Good luck.
+1 , Best advice you will get in this thread.

Thanks for the advice. In my scenario however, I think I did my research correctly. This is for a particular electronic product, my whole site is based on this product and so is my EMD, with solid exact monthly search, decent adsense rev potential etc. Originally I was simply going to use Amazon as an affiliate, until--as a newbie I had yet to learn this--their commissions are poo poo, and I am leaving large junks of money on the table. Rereading my OP I see I worded it very poorly.

For anyone interested I found a manufacturer and in discussion with them about drop shipping.