Noob here but not to IM. Stuck at 4 figures/month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic

Mar 6, 2007
Ok, so I see the message here that says "You haven't posted in a while, so please post" and here you go. Been a member here for a while and have read the "required reading" posts and have spent some time reading the forum.

Here's my deal...

I've been doing affiliate marketing for about 5 years, and last year while the big MFA site thing was hot I plunged in a bit late in the game but still managed to bring in about 20K over 4-5 months auto-building sites. Other than that I've been stuck at the 4-figure level for freaking ever because I've gotten complacent. And no, I can't really just duplicate what I've done with my primary affiliate program, it's kind of a one-off thing. Tried it with a related niche and it didn't work.

I'm also suffering from some major deer-in-the-headlights or analysis paralysis, whatever you want to call it. There are too many damned directions to go and I can't make up my mind what to commit to for fear of wasting my time on something that won't pan out. I'm not 25 and single or I wouldn't be stressed... add a couple decades to that and I have a family to take care of (yeah, I know, stuff your sob story). I just need to figure out what the fuck to do to break this plateau and take things to the next level.

I hear about guys making what I make in a month in a day and I know I've got the damned skills to do it from an overall knowledge perspective, and I'm not afraid to outsource what I don't know. I used to be a UNIX sysadmin, I run sites on a dedicated server, I've got Adwords and Adsense accounts, yadda yadda.

It's just killing me that I feel like if I could just get my shit together I could get myself out of debt in a stinking month and stop worrying about money. I'm not looking for blackhat, I'm looking to build legit (which doesn't rule out landing page/PPC stuff) pages and sites.

Anyway, I don't know what the hell I'm really asking for in this thread. It seems to me that the main moneymaker idea here is find a pay per lead aff program and set up a PPC campaign to a high converting landing page. Sound so simple, don't it? So what the bloody hell is my problem.

Flame away if you like, but some solid advice on direction or what to do or a kick in the head would be great.

Thanks for putting up that.

Vic

I am newbie and will see about $1k this month. Not a lot, but you just have to get out there and do something. It may fail miserably or it may shine like the hottest chick around, but you will never know until you try. Seems as if PPC is the way to make big money, but also takes a good bit of work and trial and error. Just pick something and stick with it. Ask account managers what programs are good to run. It is helped me out tremendously getting ideas from them. Just fucking do something. I dont' care if it is a 1 page site with PPC ads that you don't touch for months or a full fledged PPC campaign to landing page. Do something everyday and don't stop and don't give up. Just don't keep doing the same thing if you are not getting results. Try something different - ask yourself why what you are doing may not be working. Hope that inspires you. If not, go back to working a 9-5. I am doing this to clear all my debt as well and taking a risk making more debt to get out of debt. I don't recommend it, but I have always liked to live life on the edge.

Just try something new, stop laying with this simple shit.
thumbs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.