Nokai Lumia 520 / 521 WTF

BeerNuts

Sep 4, 2008
www.beermonies.com
A few months back I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E45043A/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00E45043A&linkCode=as2&tag=frepatnew-20"]Nokia Lumia 520[/ame]) the really low end windows phone because I thought I might take a stab at using it as a development device.

Its a Windows Phone for super peasants. Fucking smart phone with 4G and its only $56 on Amazon. You would think it would be the biggest pos on the planet. But this little pos seriously impresses me. I dug it back out this week because I needed a 4g wifi tether that my old iPhone 4 is missing.

If it fit in my phone/wallet thing I carry it would be my main phone right now. You would be amazed at how fast this thing runs and how easy it is to use. With iOS 7 forced onto my old iPhone its turned to shit, this $56 phone is blowing it out of the water in usability and speed.

The Windows App store is complete shit, other than the main official apps I wouldn't really run any of the stuff in there. But it has most all the major things you would want. Facebook, Vine, WhatsApp, Angry Birds etc. Also the official Nokia apps are amazing useful. Their built in maps app downloads maps for offline use and provides free turn by turn directions. Its like a free offline Garmin.

I really wanted to hate on windows phones, I already hate android phones enough. Sure the app store is mostly shit, but for a smart phone this thing is fucking amazing for the price. I know you all have iPhone 5's and Galaxy 5's but if you are looking for a toy or back up phone or just something to dick around with this damn thing is cool and shit and costs pretty much nothing.

Oh you can also get it code unlocked from random unlock websites for $2. I did took me 10mins.

Microsoft has to be subsiding this thing like crazy to keep the price this low.

Reactions: jorarulit

Expected a cheap Chinese nokia ripoff Lol@title.
I have the lumia 525 as a backup phone . Good shit . We getting 8.1 soon i think ?

I have a nokia 620. I must say that apart from the camera it's an awesome backup phone to have.

The thing just got even cheaper today on Amazon. Now its only $49.99 dollars.

I am currently traveling which is how this whole thing came up. $49 for a GSM unlocked travel smartphone is retardedly cheap. I am also using it as a 4g hotspot right now for my laptop and iPad. That has been a life saver. I was looking at buying a 4g hotspot and they start at like $100. Stupid little phone has been like the best travel investment ive ever made.

just lost my HTC mytouch 3g last week and am buying this phone as my next phone. For $50, this way beats most prepaid phones. Thanks for the recommendation!