Newsflash: Google is still a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOwnDemon

Face Rocker
Jan 28, 2007
Iowa
www.sitestomp.com
Another tragic Google tale...

I was running a campaign in AdWords promoting a certain affiliate offer. There was very little competition in my niche, my daily budget was decent, and most of the keywords were dirt cheap. The CTR was great.

So, at this point, I'm starting to really REALLY like Google. :bowdown:

I decide to start another campaign in Adwords promoting a different affiliate offer. My last campaign was running so good, I figured I'd launch another campaign and try to ride my streak of luck.

That was last week, and I still have 0 impressions for my ads! What the fuck is that about? The keywords are all optimized (mostly longtail), the budget is decent, and the ad wording is just the way I want it.

I am using a php redirect as the landing page... so that might be one reason why the ads aren't showing. I'm just sick and tired of always having to contact google about these kinds of things and not getting a reply for days.

Any input?

Another tragic Google tale...

I was running a campaign in AdWords promoting a certain affiliate offer. There was very little competition in my niche, my daily budget was decent, and most of the keywords were dirt cheap. The CTR was great.

So, at this point, I'm starting to really REALLY like Google. :bowdown:

I decide to start another campaign in Adwords promoting a different affiliate offer. My last campaign was running so good, I figured I'd launch another campaign and try to ride my streak of luck.

That was last week, and I still have 0 impressions for my ads! What the fuck is that about? The keywords are all optimized (mostly longtail), the budget is decent, and the ad wording is just the way I want it.

I am using a php redirect as the landing page... so that might be one reason why the ads aren't showing. I'm just sick and tired of always having to contact google about these kinds of things and not getting a reply for days.

Any input?

It's most likely the PHP redirect...Google's bot scans the click through right after you set it up...then looks at the landing page...does the landing page after the redirect have a lot of keywords that are what you are bidding on?
Also try turning off showing ads evenly over time. Sometimes I think if Google catches you clickflipping with a certain domain they will put your traffic on hold for a while until a human verifies it.

It's most likely the PHP redirect...Google's bot scans the click through right after you set it up...then looks at the landing page...does the landing page after the redirect have a lot of keywords that are what you are bidding on?
Also try turning off showing ads evenly over time. Sometimes I think if Google catches you clickflipping with a certain domain they will put your traffic on hold for a while until a human verifies it.

Wow, google is smart, once you found some cheap clicks they scan your site, look for keywords and if they are similar to your keyword the price goes up again ? That's brutal. So is searching for cheap clicks in adwords worth it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.