Newbie PPC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

braveheart

Aug 22, 2006
I see people talking about 10, 20 or even 30,000 word keyword lists that they are uisng for paid campaigns. Since there is probably a lot of similar phrases in the list, are they using broad match, exact match, phrase match or a combination?

Thanx

David

braveheart said:
I see people talking about 10, 20 or even 30,000 word keyword lists that they are uisng for paid campaigns. Since there is probably a lot of similar phrases in the list, are they using broad match, exact match, phrase match or a combination?

Thanx

David
Depends on the engine. At MSN I use broad match because the click counts and bid amounts are so low that I'll take anything I can get, at YSM I use their "standard" match which from my testing narrows down the clicks somewhat and only delivers your ad for your specific keywords. This has the side effect of increasing my conversation rate while saving me money. But It's going to be different for each campaign and each engine. I just try every variation to get to something I feel comfortable with.

In my adwords account I have a keyword list of about 2500 keywords that are made up of broad, phrase, and exact match.

In my adwords account I have a keyword list of about 2500 keywords that are made up of broad, phrase, and exact match.

So for example tangem2 if you were trying to sell ringtones, would you set up "Ringtones" as a broad match and then "Artist, Album, Ring Tones" as an exact match or phrase match?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.