New year, New $$$.. Looking for motivational movies

ImagesAndWords

StayblCam.com
Nov 7, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.stayblcam.com
Inspired by this thread on motivational books, I thought it would be nice to check out some movies as well. I think we had a monies-movies thread a long time ago but I couldn't find it through a search, and besides - new movies have come since then.

An obvious one is Wall Street, but I also heard Boiler Room is good. Any others? I'm talking about the kind that gets you pumped and motivated to kick a$$.

The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD_lbHsKOGk"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Inspired by this thread on motivational books, I thought it would be nice to check out some movies as well. I think we had a monies-movies thread a long time ago but I couldn't find it through a search, and besides - new movies have come since then.

An obvious one is Wall Street, but I also heard Boiler Room is good. Any others? I'm talking about the kind that gets you pumped and motivated to kick a$$.

Don't both those movies end with the main characters going to prison?

Here's another obvious one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Wall Street, GGGR are traditional in business school. Also "Twelve Oclock High" but that is more about leadership.

Don't both those movies end with the main characters going to prison?

Here's another obvious one:

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Umm.. I believe Jack Lemon gets nailed at the end of GGGR and also does some "time". Can't escape it.. it's a common theme. With big bucks comes RISK.

Please add to the list of inspirational movies: STARTUP.COM. Even though their venture failed, I get inspired watching it by the things they DID do right.

This is a little off topic but I watched the movie Enron the other day and it was a great movie. Although we all know how it ends up it gives valuable insights into both the way the top people thought and what they did right on the way up.

free-willy.jpg

Who doesn't want a killer whale?

I'm not letting mine go though.

That's funny, I posted in that last movie thread and can't find it either, even when searching by my posts. Weird.

Anyways I'll tell you my same thoughts. I love movies where the little guy tries to make his way, big in the world:

- Blow (Depp)
- Lord of War (Cage)

Both of these are awesome movies. Both are true stories. Both have great actors who wont let you down when watching. Both are about a small time, no gamer who sets his sights on the big prize and strives to achieve success. Whether he does or not, I'll leave for the movie to uncover for you.

Really great stuff. The good stuff in these movies is the stuff which definitely motivate me.

Scarface also has similar traits but I don't like that movie as much, cos the main lead is too much about himself, in a specific way.

Hope that helps.

PS: If you're going to suggest a movie - try NOT to give away the ending in the thread!

Blow, Layer Cake, and Wall Street are probably some of my favorites that make me want to work afterward.

That's funny, I posted in that last movie thread and can't find it either, even when searching by my posts. Weird.

Anyways I'll tell you my same thoughts. I love movies where the little guy tries to make his way, big in the world:

- Blow (Depp)
- Lord of War (Cage)

Both of these are awesome movies. Both are true stories. Both have great actors who wont let you down when watching. Both are about a small time, no gamer who sets his sights on the big prize and strives to achieve success. Whether he does or not, I'll leave for the movie to uncover for you.

Really great stuff. The good stuff in these movies is the stuff which definitely motivate me.

Scarface also has similar traits but I don't like that movie as much, cos the main lead is too much about himself, in a specific way.

Hope that helps.

PS: If you're going to suggest a movie - try NOT to give away the ending in the thread!

Lord of War is one of my favorite movies.

Star Wars Episode 5 bitch.

You gotta be a balla to lose a death star then be like, pfft whatever I'll build another one.

212 Movie is very inspirational.
Sometimes just a little more effort is all it takes to reach success. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJQqzJj534&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJQqzJj534&feature=related[/ame]