new Tor identity via php

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozonew4m

ThisTimeNextYearRodders
Jul 6, 2007
At my desk!
Does anybody know of a simple way to set a new tor identity from php?

at the moment i have to change identities manually using vidalia which is a royal pain in the ass..

Ive looked all over the internet for a solution but so far the only possible solution ive found is to do it via fsocks or telnet but trying to do this through php is proving difficult for me..

any pointers, help, divine intervention appreciated

can't you use curl and then set the proxy to the local ip with the correct control port?

I think the newer versions of Tor comes with a command that you can execute to get a new IP. But you need to be able to do shell commands.

can't you use curl and then set the proxy to the local ip with the correct control port?

Yes but it then sticks to the same tor proxy until you change the id manually

I think the newer versions of Tor comes with a command that you can execute to get a new IP. But you need to be able to do shell commands.

yes this is what im trying to do... I think you can connect to the tor listening control port from php using fsockopen i just dont know how to send:

Code:
/path/to/tor-ctrl -v -c "signal NEWNYM"

via php

There's also a way to do it through fsockopen but I forget how. If I find the code I'll post it

If you could that would be awesome..

ive been on this for three days now and i cant get anything i try to work.. nothing has ever taken me this long to figure out before
all i want to do is figure out some way to trigger a new tor identity from php, even if i have to exec another file i dont care, as long as it works

its drivin me friggin nuts!!

:bigear:

Status
Not open for further replies.