New computers for the office - Suggestions???

RightHandMan

Investment Opportunity!
Jul 5, 2006
My office needs four new computers.

I have been thinking Large Monitors with laptop dock stations, mechanical keyboards, and optical mouses!!!

The Key to this is the Laptop, so what have you been running???

I like the Lenovo thinkpads, but not sure I wanna drop 1300 per unit...I was thinking $600-800 per unit...

Suggestions???

Need moar info.
What are you doing? Linkbuidling, coding, layouting (web / print), watching cat videos on Youtube, spamming STS?

I'd go for Macbook + a decent screen (no need to buy Cinema Displays imo).

Edit: if you really want to go with a Windows system, check out IBM Thinkpads. I suppose you'll be working 12h+ a day, so don't be a peasant and drop a resonable amount of cash on your workstation.

Need moar info.
What are you doing? Linkbuidling, coding, layouting (web / print), watching cat videos on Youtube, spamming STS?

I'd go for Macbook + a decent screen (no need to buy Cinema Displays imo).

Edit: if you really want to go with a Windows system, check out IBM Thinkpads. I suppose you'll be working 12h+ a day, so don't be a peasant and drop a resonable amount of cash on your workstation.

=

35ctbw.jpg

really depend on your needs - i just installed thin clients for my phone workers and am loving it! we had 10 computers and eliminated so many fans/moving parts it actually made the temperature go down!

what are your exact needs? heavy graphic design? heavy programming?

really depend on your needs - i just installed thin clients for my phone workers and am loving it! we had 10 computers and eliminated so many fans/moving parts it actually made the temperature go down!

what are your exact needs? heavy graphic design? heavy programming?

One is used for accounting, constant switching between 4 business book databases (QB) and one CRM.

One is for our service guy, who literally has 25+ browser windows up at one time, looking thru pdf manuals, youtube vids, email and info sites.

One is used for general sales / marketing

One is used for Marketing, video editing, MANY EMAILS, constant skype training sessions, etc.

They all run the CRM, which is pretty labor intensive in itself.

Steer clear from Acer, Dell, and Sony. Get an HP. No im not trolling. Not sure why HP seems to have some sort of negative connotation in the tech realm but they produce the best built laptops ive ever used... they last forever, are very durable, and the physical aspects are always smooth and intuitive (I.e. the tracpad, keyboard, etc.). The only downside to HP is bloatware but every company does that and its an easy fix anyway. Ive used many other laptops and as far a PCs go, HP are consistently superior and also very comoetitively priced. *insert HP affiliate link here*

Steer clear from Acer, Dell, and Sony. Get an HP. No im not trolling. Not sure why HP seems to have some sort of negative connotation in the tech realm but they produce the best built laptops ive ever used... they last forever, are very durable, and the physical aspects are always smooth and intuitive (I.e. the tracpad, keyboard, etc.). The only downside to HP is bloatware but every company does that and its an easy fix anyway. Ive used many other laptops and as far a PCs go, HP are consistently superior and also very comoetitively priced. *insert HP affiliate link here*

hp have really awesome high end laptops, but their low end ones are just terrible

My office needs four new computers.

I have been thinking Large Monitors with laptop dock stations, mechanical keyboards, and optical mouses!!!

The Key to this is the Laptop, so what have you been running???

I like the Lenovo thinkpads, but not sure I wanna drop 1300 per unit...I was thinking $600-800 per unit...

Suggestions???

I've always been a fan of anything Lenovo. Yes they are boring, but I haven't had a bad experience with their laptops or their desktops.

The only thing I would strongly suggest, is that you get a machine compatible with Windows Bitlocker. I know alot of people are lax on computer security, but you are always playing with fire if your Work PCs have no form of file encryption enabled.