Need some Paypal/Flippa advice

Calamity

Jun 12, 2009
Yurop
I sold a site on flippa today, I wanted the transaction to be done through escrow but the guy went ahead and paid through paypal before he contacted me, which caused my account to become limited.

I sent in the papers they asked for today but it will probably take some time to get them to lift the limitation so I can move the money out of there.

Now, how the hell should I proceed? From what I hear paypal really sucks when it comes to digital goods seller protection so if I push the site to the guy could he just take it and get a paypal refund? (The site and auction is 100% legit and as described btw)

Should I issue a refund and get ask him to it done through escrow? (Can I even refund while limited?)
Should I ask him to wait until PP gets around to removing the limitation? If that happens within a reasonable time anyway. (Anyone knows how long that takes?)
Should I send the stuff over right away because its safe in the PP account and they wont refund it for no good reason?

halp plz!

TJatw.jpg

CkZBH.jpg

j0gef.jpg

They limited your account because they want to make sure the buyer gets what he paid for (your acct isnt old enough or had enough transaction for PP to trust you (ie.. they want the interest). Not sure if you can refund with the limitation but I wouldn't relinquish control of the site until limitations removed. Its been awhile since this happened to me but I seem to recall if buyer acknowledges all is ok the Limitation can be taken off right away. So just send him an email let him know because he didn't follow the auction instructions its going to be a week or whatever until he gets the site. If thats not agreable tell him to cancel the transaction and do it the right way.

Id refund it and demand payment via escrow brah.

The fact that he ignored your request and paid via paypal anyways, should be a massive red flag...

Yeah, Paypal is worthless on digital goods. Another idea to do is to hook paypal up to a dummy bank account. Then once you transfer the funds to your account, withdraw it cash and put it in another bank. There is no easy way to get the actual cash back that way as Pay pal can only draw on your empty bank account and the empty bank account is just an empty bank account. Won't help if they take you to court but will generally help with dumb disputes and freezes and crap like that. So you should set that up anyways for the future.

For this just refund and tell him to escrow.

usually it takes 48 hours to remove limitation,if u provided doc,why dont u cal me them, paypal really sucks when u r selling digital goods.try to use escrow.

usually it takes 48 hours to remove limitation,if u provided doc,why dont u cal me them, paypal really sucks when u r selling digital goods.try to use escrow.

I've been limited by Paypal, sent the docs they requested and it took way more than 48 hours.

I think you did right in asking for a refund!

Smart move! Glad you took our advice... it sucks to lose out on something over paypal dumb crap.

Id refund it and demand payment via escrow brah.

The fact that he ignored your request and paid via paypal anyways, should be a massive red flag...

This^ - Watch out, Paypal is the worst in these sales.

Yeah, Paypal is worthless on digital goods. Another idea to do is to hook paypal up to a dummy bank account. Then once you transfer the funds to your account, withdraw it cash and put it in another bank. There is no easy way to get the actual cash back that way as Pay pal can only draw on your empty bank account and the empty bank account is just an empty bank account. Won't help if they take you to court but will generally help with dumb disputes and freezes and crap like that. So you should set that up anyways for the future.

For this just refund and tell him to escrow.

Don't ever do what this fool is saying, it eventually makes it to the credit agency which is a terrible hit on your credit report