need help with ad placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought the program was "Garage Band" not "Garabe Band"?

Anywho....

I'd recommend in the content. Use a horizontal link block and put some images of RAM, CPU's, whatever, above it.

I think you can use vertical links as well with images near the headers. Be sure no tto use images though that distract to much from your ad's though There are a couple routes you can go just more it around and see what works best.

I would go for a vertical link as well. A wide skyscraper would be awesome and it'll help out the page as well because it will push it in horizontally and the readers will find it better for their eyes, since reading in a long line is more tedious than short bursts, e.g. newspaper layout.
People love to scan.

Personally I would stick a 728x15 Adlinks directly under your navigation bar a the top, a 336x280 Adwords block right at the top of your content on the left next to "How Does More RAM Help Me?" and half way down your content a 728x90 leaderboard and test that one to see if you get better CTR with or without pictures above it. Everyone I have spoken to says that small pictures placed directly above the ads increases CTR significantly, although I've yet to test it myself.

Make the text and URL's the same color as the text on your page and make the Headings of the ads the same color as your links.

Interesting. I like it, just fuzzy enough to make you feel like you should know what the hell it is, but clear enough that once someone points it out you go "Duh! I should have figured that out!"

So...Duh! I knew that... :eatmousepointer:

thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to try different layouts on different articles to see which ones work the best. Ferraristi thanks for the tip about the images, I forgot I can do that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.