Need feedback on my first site please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raidjin

Apr 14, 2008
After spending a week and a half doing research and trying to read as much as possible here, I finally got my blog up.

It's only been active since 4-20-08. I used Wordpress and some plugins that are mentioned here.

I would appreciate it a great deal if some of you folks could hit it real quick and give me some feedback about what I'm doing wrong and right (if anything).

it's at Making Money in an Online World

I would liek to say thank you for all of the informative posts that helped me do this. This is a great forum.

It's not bad, just kind of boring right now.

You need to throw in a lot of color, maybe you can use your ads to help you do that in the sidebar. Also put in some adsense areas below your posts if you want to use adsense.

After you get it setup properly you can start doing the fun part, which is getting people to come to your site, and trying to keep them there.

Thank you very much for taking the time to have a look. I have some ideas for some better ads, but I want the ads to blend well with the overall look of the site, while still being colorful enough to draw attention.

If you're going to be using such a dark background, use a thicker font. Should be able to change that in your CSS file. Just look through the common fonts on your comp.
Also, whilst no one actually does it, try to stick to a serif font (fonts like Times New Roman, the ones with the little feet on the characters) for the paragraphs as they're actually easier on the eye.

If you're going to be using such a dark background, use a thicker font. Should be able to change that in your CSS file. Just look through the common fonts on your comp.
Also, whilst no one actually does it, try to stick to a serif font (fonts like Times New Roman, the ones with the little feet on the characters) for the paragraphs as they're actually easier on the eye.

Good points harvey. You might also try a white font for either the text or titles. The baby blue and gray just doesn't pop out much for me.

There's tons of things like that you can mess around with, but it can be fun, and should be good experience.

Made quite a few changes based on the suggestions you folks were kind enough to make. You can see them through my Jyann signature below.

P.S. Please make any suggestions you can and don't spare my feelings LOL!

REALITY CHECK:

Thread Title: Need Feedback ON MY FIRST SITE
First Site: Making Money in an Online World

Your "first site" NEEDS to be something different. Bottom line. Then you can report what you've learned on your "other sites" on your "Making Money" site...

Having your first site be about making money online when you don't really even know how to make money online is the dumbest mistake that everybody makes.

Make a site about something else so you actually have a frame of reference. Otherwise, you will be Donny, WickedFire will be Walter and your life will be the Big Lebowski.

REALITY CHECK:

Thread Title: Need Feedback ON MY FIRST SITE
First Site: Making Money in an Online World

Your "first site" NEEDS to be something different. Bottom line. Then you can report what you've learned on your "other sites" on your "Making Money" site...

Having your first site be about making money online when you don't really even know how to make money online is the dumbest mistake that everybody makes.

Make a site about something else so you actually have a frame of reference. Otherwise, you will be Donny, WickedFire will be Walter and your life will be the Big Lebowski.
Excellent Point <bangs head on desk>

Next Project...

Use a better background color.. That would make your site more attractive and add some design on it... Hope this make sense...

why would you make a make money site as your first site if you obviously dont have much experience in making money online? That kills your credibility with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.