Need an advice on how to sell and promote Logo Design services?

atilla

Oct 4, 2008
Hi people,

Need an advice, tips how could I get clients the easier way. Searching on the forum but can not find a related topic for this issu. If I missed it please point me there, so I really apologise in advance.

How to find and after obtain clients? cold calling, direct email...

I'm mostly doing designing. Logo design, Stationery design, business cards.

How to offer that online, I mostly want to focus to offering this online?

I' m struggling with this. Trying with Odesk, but completed just a few jobs 4-5. And also try Elance, but there after a month, aI've submitted a lot of proposal but never get any response for the submitted proposal!

Don't know how to pitch the job the wright way!

Also have try to send emails to some business but never get a response, and don't want to be spammy.

A few days ago just buy a domain and want to set up a portfolio. But after all I really don't know will it help me or not. Also searching for some good USP for a logo design but can not find.

Please let me know about this.

Thanks
A

@BlogHue,

I would really like to invest in the BST section, but before that I really need to earn some amount to could afford it.

On Elance for example, I setup my account a month ago, and until now, just bidding, never get a response from a client. This really killing me.

For example, how can somebody win a job, without a completed work on Elance?

Atilla, from the replies above, you need to change your strategy. I like your approach though, do not invest in something that you are not sure of.

However, 5 years is a long time for you not to have earned something from IM. I'd advise you to start thinking of building your own profile to become an authority in what you do. Before you even start selling, build an authority website. You said you bought a domain, but you haven't hosted it yet. Invest in it. Add content, drive traffic to it, and increase your number of visitors.

I believe by that time you will have figured on how to sell your product.

Atilla, from the replies above, you need to change your strategy. I like your approach though, do not invest in something that you are not sure of.

However, 5 years is a long time for you not to have earned something from IM. I'd advise you to start thinking of building your own profile to become an authority in what you do. Before you even start selling, build an authority website. You said you bought a domain, but you haven't hosted it yet. Invest in it. Add content, drive traffic to it, and increase your number of visitors.

I believe by that time you will have figured on how to sell your product.

Great advice.

The guy does logo design, can't afford $122 to start a sales thread, and your suggestion is that he build an authority site and invest in it.

Atilla, do this:

Go to fiverr.com and offer your logo services on there.
After 31 sales come back to WickedFire and open a sales thread.

Hi people,

really thanks all the effort to give a reply.

@quintana,
I've create one gig on fiverr. About a month ago, offering Logo design.

Also added a short video presentation to the gig, and a few logo samples trying to boost somehow the gig, to getting more and faster earnings.
But the result of my earnings are 0.00$!

So honestly, I don't know what exactly to do. This is the reason why I started this thread.

Thanks

Hi people,

really thanks all the effort to give a reply.

@quintana,
I've create one gig on fiverr. About a month ago, offering Logo design.

Also added a short video presentation to the gig, and a few logo samples trying to boost somehow the gig, to getting more and faster earnings.

So honestly, I don't know what exactly to do. This is the reason why I started this thread.

Thanks

How well optimized was your Fiverr gig? Did you steal the tags of top ranking competitors and use similar titles? Did you get any traffic and just not convert, or no traffic at all?

Why not continue with Odesk, seems you got some work there, can't get more?

How good are your logos?

@medway,

on Fiverr, I don't get no traffic at all!?

I was thinking to try with Elance, because seen that the value of the logos are higher then on Odesk.

Also there is one more site microlancer. At the beginning I setup my service for a Logo Design and after that between 3 days completed 2 jobs, but after that everything stopped but the clients were satisfied. No contacts and views at all!

How good are my logos, I really don't know how to answer this question. I don't want to post here, don't want to be an advertisement, and don't want to be banned.

Hi, This is really a creative work and you must need some tactics to provide your designed logo to all. Here few things for a web designers can do to make an effort to find new clients.

1. Design and Release a Free Resource
2. Write an E-book or Special Report
3. Offer a Discount on Your Services
4. Run a Giveaway
5. Target an Industry
6. Offer a Referral Bonus
7. Write an Article for a Magazine or a Popular Blog

The goal of this post is to help with the creative process of deciding which ways would be most effective for you to promote your own services. Have a nice day! :)

BoatBurner did a great thread about this exact problem and solution recently: http://www.wickedfire.com/enlighten...ing-clients-actionable-guide-freelancers.html

You could also just buy a BST thread ($122) on here, Links & SEO, and attempt to get sales on here. However, one thing I would suggest is proofreading your sales thread, cause you've got A LOT of grammatical errors on your post, and that's pretty off-putting to anyone looking to send work your way - since communications is key. Get a professional to edit it.​

@CCarter,

thanks for the reply.

This thread by BoatBurner is awesome! :)

English is not my first language, and I know I have a lot of grammatical errors,
but always trying to improve it.

You should use forums to showoff your designs
And after you get some clients make good HQ blog and promote your services.

Create a sales thread on WF and other forums. Also if your not doing well on odesk, it probably has to do with the opening message your sending. Make sure it's not completely generic, you should write things in the message related to the job / requirements.

You can do quite well on odesk if you stand out a bit, i'd say at least 90% of the people on odesk send me a stupid generic opening message, which gets deleted right away.

Ok, here is one of my messages when replying to the job ad on Odesk...

Hello {client name},

I am writing in response to your ad for a Logo Design.

I hope I can assist you.

Your branding is the first thing your customers see, and custom made concept takes time, if you need something high quality, original, then...LET'S TALK MORE and solve the problem together.

A cleared brief/instructions you provided will help me understand your needs.

Feel free to message me first if you have any concern and question

Besides of that, what are other requirements, some detailed brief about your needs

- What is your business name?
- In a sentence or two, describe what your business does?
- Select the types of logos you like(character, mark, text)
- Target audience
- Do you have any specific colors in mind?
- Anything else you'd like to communicate?
- Some logo examples on the web you like?

I would encourage you to take a few moments to browse my portfolio of past projects in order to gauge the quality of my work.
{link to my work}

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

I don't know how good is this or it is totally bad, what should I change? Is it maybe too long?

Try starting out on fiverr.com to build your portfolio.

Craigslist can be awesome for logo creation, esp if you are targeting small biz owners that are trying to make a website themselves.

building up a portfolio on elance / odesk will take time and effort but once you have it, you have it forever.

@KeepSuth

I try on Fiverr, I wrote this before...
-------------
"I've create one gig on fiverr. About a month ago, offering Logo design.

-----------

Craigslist... I have this in my mind, but I'm not from US, and can not create an account.

Just to mention stats from Fiverr in the last 7 days:

62 - impressions from Fiverr
1 - clicks from Fiverr
2 - totall pageviews