Need a bit of help. Has something to do with "wamu" the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-immortal-

Jul 8, 2008
Anybody open a account there while be under the age of 18? I keep looking through there TOS and Policies. Though there is no mention of having to be 18 anywhere. Am I looking at anything serious if I go through and open an account?

Any help is appreciated.

(I pay all my taxes)

In the United States at least, persons under 18 cannot legally enter into a contract. To open a checking account with Chase/Washington Mutual you will probably have to link it to another account owned by your parent or legal guardian.

You'll probably need a co-signer on the account. That's what my accounts were before I turned 18.

Wamu still exists, and they still advertise for Wamu. JP Morgan Chase has yet to integrate it into the infrastructure of Chase, and has not touched the brand identity.

Fuck wamu, I would avoid them. Go with Citibank or BAC. I was with Wamu and they would give me the most bullshit excuses to hold my checks. Put two week holds on them and said they couldn't call the bank to verify the check. Then another time I made a cashier check to myself from my Citibank account and they said they had to hold it because their is a lot of fraud with cashiers checks. I'm like it's my check from literally across the street and you STILL CAN'T CALL? Of course they said no banks do that which is BULL.

But what really pissed me off was when I finally closed my account I wanted a cashiers check and so what do they do they close my account then say they have to charge me $30 for a cashiers check because I no longer have an account with them. I said wtf I just had an account with you guys 30 seconds ago why couldn't you give me the check first then close it. She said it was because I said I wanted to close my account and there was no way they could waive the charge, so I said then I would be more than happy to open an account up again, get my cashiers check, then close the account. Then all of a sudden she suddenly had the authority to waive the fee just to get me out of the bank. I'm so tempted to go back now and just laugh at all of them...o wait they probably don't work there anymore!

Only plus side with Wamu is if you have a CC with them you get free FICO score every month.

Fuck wamu, I would avoid them. Go with Citibank or BAC. I was with Wamu and they would give me the most bullshit excuses to hold my checks. Put two week holds on them and said they couldn't call the bank to verify the check. Then another time I made a cashier check to myself from my Citibank account and they said they had to hold it because their is a lot of fraud with cashiers checks. I'm like it's my check from literally across the street and you STILL CAN'T CALL? Of course they said no banks do that which is BULL.

But what really pissed me off was when I finally closed my account I wanted a cashiers check and so what do they do they close my account then say they have to charge me $30 for a cashiers check because I no longer have an account with them. I said wtf I just had an account with you guys 30 seconds ago why couldn't you give me the check first then close it. She said it was because I said I wanted to close my account and there was no way they could waive the charge, so I said then I would be more than happy to open an account up again, get my cashiers check, then close the account. Then all of a sudden she suddenly had the authority to waive the fee just to get me out of the bank. I'm so tempted to go back now and just laugh at all of them...o wait they probably don't work there anymore!

Only plus side with Wamu is if you have a CC with them you get free FICO score every month.

Thanks for the review

Walk into a bank of america branch and open an account there. They don't seem to care if you're under 18.

Ok well I have to say thank you to ben89. I talked to there sales rep online and got great news. You only have to be 16 to open an account with them.

Thanks again buddy. Thanks everyone for their info as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.