neat trick...i guess...AuctionAds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekon1

Aug 24, 2006
so i was messing around with auctionads the other day, i've had it up for almost a week and a half, i decided to try something a little different with my color schemes

originally, i had my auctionAds set so that the background matches and the borders match the background and links match my website links....(nothing out of the normal) just some nicely blended ads onto my site.

i then by accident put the header color to the same color as the background, this made my "Current Bid:$xxx" line 'invisible'...eheh..pretty cool, decided to leave it.

as a result, my CTR's jumped by a few percent, from like a 0.64 - 2%.... i duno if this is just by fluke, but i'mma ride it out for the next week or so, just to make more observations.

possibly seeing the price of items turn some people off?

thoughts?

Absolutely; slap the price in a PPC ad and you should see you CTR drop (unless its obnoxiously cheap.) The real question is, has this done anything to improve your revenue?

I've found that including a price actually cleans up the quality of your traffic - the only people who click are the ones who are willing to pay.

CTR drops but ROI increases

Status
Not open for further replies.