nar..

Dresden14

Haters gonna H88
Sep 24, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
So my 8/12/12 day consisted of swimming with sharks. We saw only leopard sharks and 2 blues. Going out on a boat 8/19/12 and we're expecting makos. I didn't have my good D7000 setup because of a fucked off o-ring, but I had my brothers go-pro. Ill post back with pix/vid within 24-48hours for those of you interested. Much more narly in person!

When I got certified down in la jolla diving there were leapord sharks all over and it was freaky as shit because you couldn't see 6' in front of you, yet there were these shadowy blobs coming in and out of your vision and right up next to you. Plus it was cold as shit even with a wetsuit.

Post some pics. Catalina was hella fun when I lived down there as well.

When I got certified down in la jolla diving there were leapord sharks all over and it was freaky as shit because you couldn't see 6' in front of you, yet there were these shadowy blobs coming in and out of your vision and right up next to you. Plus it was cold as shit even with a wetsuit.

Post some pics. Catalina was hella fun when I lived down there as well.

That's where I went :--) The leopards were doing what they do every end of july/early august, which was giving birth. So they were all preggo females. It was pretty narly... Although I've seen sharks before, I was about 3-4 feet and dove into the wave and immediately saw one. I didn't see many others throughout the day, I saw about 30 total. This was at la jolla shores. Most of them were close to the shore, but I did do some beach diving.

Before I went here, I went to the cove and that's where I saw the blues. Next weekend we're gonna chum the waters and usually we get mako's and blues. It is a bit narly though with the visibility being only 5ish feet as you said yourself. You'd be swimming then all of a sudden see a dark shadow and it was like.... wtf. lol

I was told by the natives that 14C was too cold to go in the water in SD (in may), it was fine, what was "cold" for you guys?

297079_3267255495249_814886525_n.jpg

388070_3267252415172_744681866_n.jpg

Uploading a video now to youtube, 900mb. will update. You can see 75+ sharks throughout the whole dam thing.

If OP is truly a white supremacist, why is he not swimming with Great White sharks, instead of these catfish?

** First, the water was merky (It's California). I was using my brothers Go-pro Hero which was strapped to my arm. I scuba dive alot and I have a Nikon D7000 camera with an Ikelite housing, with two ds161 strobes (A $4,500+ setup just for underwater). I use a dome port with a Tokina 12-24 lens. I didnt use this housing because the seal on the housing was fucked off. I'm going on a dive boat 8/19 so ill post better pix then.

Here's a shitty video, this was my first time mixing shit up. This is not my profession so lol at the quality/makeup of it. Waiting for the 1000 lol responses below, but fuck it - was better then hangin in the STS section on a sunday right right?

8/14/12 - La Jolla Shores Sharks - YouTube

@Dresden Yea looks fine considering the water is murky.

Not sure if the sharks were bigger when I was there, or it was cause I was a kid (11 years old when I got certified there) but it's still creepy having sharks swimming around. I swam right to the surface and started heading for shore and the instructor chased me down and explained that they won't hurt you, just don't go swimming frantically.

And there have been shark attacks right there at that beach hehe. A lady was attacked the same week as one of our dives.

Also, if you go just north of the la jolla beach there's a nudist beach called "Blacks beach"

We moved from Fallbrook to fucking amish country OH my freshman year in high school and I haven't been diving there since. My uncle has a house up in the hills just east of there towards escondido, but he rents it out and lives in costa rica full time.

Now I live in Seattle and took a refresher course but haven't gone out here, it's so fucking cold up here, but I hear it has good visibility in winter, and we have monster sized ling cod and halibut.

Nice vid, Dresden! Tons of Garibaldis out there these days. The sharks were kinda cute too.

I did have to snicker at you aiming the camera at your face about 10 times throughout it without saying anything... Almost creepy, but hey, lots of people are camera shy. :thumbsup: