MYSPACE PHISHERS GOING OVERBOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinegirlie

Global Media Princess
Feb 26, 2007
California
Myspace just recently implemented a function where they lock users out of their accounts if they detect they are a victim of "phishing." Apparently the epidemic is SO widespread that users are being blocked out multiple times a day where the only way you can actually check messages and leave comments is to completely change your password and type a verificaion code before proceeding.

I actually had this happen to me last night. I was literally phished 7-10 times within the few hours I was logged on.

What do you all think. Could something like this be the end for myspace? Are users getting so frustrated that they take their "business" of social networking to Facebook or another?

No it doesn't spell the end because phishing on a major scale has been going on at myspace for a LONG time. It was huge 7 months ago and im sure even before that.
If anything there is less phishing there now because a lot of people got scared from all the supposed court threats.

It's all about the masses. Myspace may not be cool tomorrow... so people may move onto y360 or facebook or something. If the whole phishing thing gets out of control and too people leave... then yeah, i think myspace will definitely lose its huge numbers. But still... it's incredibly popular right now so i don't think the end is nigh.

It's just incredible that now they are able to detect this whereas before you just had some "friendly" hacking and half the time didn't even realize this was happening.

I think in their attempt to protect their users it's actually annoying the hell out of them by blocking you out of your own profile over and over again.

I even made mine private and it just happened again!

It is entirely your fault, look at the damn URL you lunatic and stop winging about myspace

Apparently the epidemic is SO widespread that users are being blocked out multiple times a day where the only way you can actually check messages and leave comments is to completely change your password and type a verificaion code before proceeding.

Hmm, generally when you password is stolen its a good idea to completely change it!!!

Ok, all you MySpace phishers on WF, OnlineGirlie is not happy and might sick her big mean brother on you.

Wait.. what?

If you don't put your password in a form myspace can still detect phishing if you post comments with urls in them. I got that message many times before. It doesn't mean you account was actually phished but it is a safety mesasure. Gtting phished is quite rare actually since a lot of the hacks that allowed for mass phishing attacks have been patched.

It is entirely your fault, look at the damn URL you lunatic and stop winging about myspace

ummm no you didn't. You're just placing blame because you're probably some two bit hacker with a guilty conscience and no real social skills.

Probably too stupid to even understand what I'm trying to say so just go back to your video games and tell your mom she makes the best browniesin.:Yahoo_29:

If you don't put your password in a form myspace can still detect phishing if you post comments with urls in them. I got that message many times before. It doesn't mean you account was actually phished but it is a safety mesasure. Gtting phished is quite rare actually since a lot of the hacks that allowed for mass phishing attacks have been patched.

but why then are you blocked out even from checking your messages?

onlinegirlie said:
ummm no you didn't. You're just placing blame because you're probably some two bit hacker with a guilty conscience and no real social skills.

Probably too stupid to even understand what I'm trying to say so just go back to your video games and tell your mom she makes the best browniesin.
I didn't what? You see, coming on here winging about it is not gonna fix the problem, so I offer some advice (look at the URL when you are getting phished) and you get all defensive. Showing some terrible people skills yourself

Oh and what are browniesin?

Onlinegirlie, if you give me your username/password for myspace, I will login, and edit your settings so they are more secure.

I've have done this for multiple people on this forum, they will all vouch I'm legit.

PM me if you'd like to give it a try as well.

Onlinegirlie, if you give me your username/password for myspace, I will login, and edit your settings so they are more secure.

I've have done this for multiple people on this forum, they will all vouch I'm legit.

PM me if you'd like to give it a try as well.

I don't care if you are serious or not, but that response just reminded me of the days in the 1991-1995 era of AOL when we used to literally IM and request the users send their passwords to "give them special free access" and sure enough, they would, without hesitation. Fools! Goddamn, those days were fun!!

I don't care if you are serious or not, but that response just reminded me of the days in the 1991-1995 era of AOL when we used to literally IM and request the users send their passwords to "give them special free access" and sure enough, they would, without hesitation. Fools! Goddamn, those days were fun!!

yeah that is just retarded.....you are basically asking me to trust you when you are on an online marketing message board. Chances are you are a phisher yourself looking for your catch of the day. I am not that dumb, sorry! I appreciate your help though.

Could something like this be the end for myspace?

The end of myspace is these damn fake accounts with a cute girl with one pic that says, "Heehee I have more pics (but their nudez lol) at whatevernudedatingsite.com" - Seriously, more than 80% of all new accounts in my area are like this and most of them have the same text.

Annoying when you're doing your online pimpin' lol :pimp: :love-smiley-013:

Myspace just recently implemented a function where they lock users out of their accounts if they detect they are a victim of "phishing." Apparently the epidemic is SO widespread that users are being blocked out multiple times a day where the only way you can actually check messages and leave comments is to completely change your password and type a verificaion code before proceeding.

I actually had this happen to me last night. I was literally phished 7-10 times within the few hours I was logged on.

What do you all think. Could something like this be the end for myspace? Are users getting so frustrated that they take their "business" of social networking to Facebook or another?

Do you have friends in real life or are you addicted?

Status
Not open for further replies.