Myspace Marketing: Why is it dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

See all the report spam buttons everywhere? I figure that has something to do with it. </sarcasm>

Plus, it's not totally dead, you just have to know how to do it right.

All the comments on my fake profiles are filled with offers every day. Things are not dead. People running the mainstream scripts probably call it dead because the proggys can't break the captchas.

Is it possible to get CJ links working with myspace?

I heard that they blocked them and after sending out a mass of comments either no one is clicking them (which is unlikely, its not just spam but actually a worthwhile promotion) or CJ arn't registering the clicks because myspace is blocking their links somehow and I dont think its putting the cookies on the users computer so I actually get credit for sending people tot he advertisers sites.

Is this really true, are CJ and myspace now totally incompatible! :eek: Is anyone here still using CJ with myspace and cares to shed some light on the matter?

Is it still possible to use CJ links with myspace or have they blocked them, it seems CJ doesnt register clicks that come from myspace and I dont think cookies are passed on to the user either.

Is anyone still using CJ links and myspace with success?

I consider it dead because myspace is making an effort to stop it now. A few years ago you could spam and phish all you wanted and nothing would happen. Now myspace is taking legal action against the spammers and phishers and using captchas and "mark spam" buttons. The juice is no longer worth the squeeze in my opinion.

Not to mention the fact that they finally started using a while loop when filtering XSS.

I dabbled a little bit in bulletins back in the day. Its the little fish that have been squeezed....I bet those that the big guys are still making a ton of ca$h.

Do you mean to imply most myspace users have now have a better understanding of spam or are most of them still oblivious?

No doubt about it, Myspace users are fucking idiots. Just look at 99% of the profiles on Myspace and this is self-evident.

While a lot of them have grasped the concept of what is spam, and what isn't... most are still in the dark.

Spam on.

There getting Quick .. They closed my newest account within 72 hours they have a ranking system, The older the account is the more it can get away with from what I have seen. My main account gets away with everything for years now as for the newer ones are deleted with in days for the same activity

i can trow up a page and get 200 views in 20 min.. But it only last for a couple days and then it's deleted

-Maze

Status
Not open for further replies.