MyReviewPlugin 5 and THE FUTURE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

force-11

PHP |㋛
Jul 27, 2009
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Existing users can update free of charge, as usual. Updating is easy: just overwrite the files, reactivate MyRP in your WordPress install and you're done.

Hi guys,

I just pushed out MyReviewPlugin 5.0. Its pretty awesome and a great incremental improvement. I've got a 5.1 planned for the next few weeks which will include more themes, a bunch of other features (I've covered all the requests I've received so far, but came up with a few ideas ALL BY MYSELF!).

Additionally I have a few little exciting announcements coming up. Two new products on the horizon, MyReviewPlugin video tutorials for customers, and some stuff you guys are just going to love.

Some of the new features:

• 2 new themes. Four more coming - free to existing license holders - in the next few weeks.
  • Lots of comparison table themes, for example:

• RTL support. (for non-English, right-to-left languages)
  • Sort posts by any custom field.
  • Support for differing rating categories for users vs. editors ("editor only" review categories).
  • Comment field summaries (sum/average/count) and many other per-post additional comment field improvements. This means you can request any data (price, would you buy again, etc.) from your users and embed an average/total/count table presenting what your users said on aggregate.
  • Improved Bulk Modifications, more control, more features, more goodness.
  • Support for large stars (for averages, etc.) - big stars created for all the 25+ default star images.
  • Hundreds of speed improvements, many features are over 2000% more efficient than in 4.0!
  • Link Man keyword replacement: replace keywords across your whole site with links. Somehow this got removed in 4.0. Re-included and slightly improved!
  • Large documentation improvements.
  • Force complete disable of MyRP on whole categories.
  • Dramatically improved Appearance Settings - literally, control any part of MyRP's automatic integration with themes through the administration area.
  • Dozens of other little improvements - ignore zero ratings, force post icon size. Tweaks and polish to keep MyRP the best.
The usuals:
Absolutely the best lifetime support, free lifetime updates, compatibility with any theme. 45-day money back guarantee.

The Best WordPress Review Plugin: Feature Tour, Live Demos, Screenshots

Order Now: Secure your copy of MyReviewPlugin now.

Also, if you have any questions, concerns, tech. support, feature requests, etc. can you please email it to me, support@myreviewplugin.com. Unlike some of the other guys *cough*points-at-the-newbie-forum, I actually do respond to support emails ASAP.

On the other hand, I don't check WickedFire anywhere near as regularly as I check the support address - so to ensure the best response... email ;-)

New features look great, been using 4.0 for a few months now and it's made me some nice cash already. I love hearing about the efficiency improvements, that'll be a big plus for me with several sites running.

Thanks Clarke, email me if you have any feature requests for future versions! (Same goes to anyone else?)

Mark.

Thanks for the update Marc.

However, i still miss a feature that i suggested that you were very impressed of and i suggested that before v4 came out (while it's now on v5).

Hope this will be added in v5.1.

Looking forward to the video tutorials. MRP is fantastic but i only use about 1/4 of the feautures, as I haven't really seen what it can do to it's full extent. Video always helps.

@Muscular, I think I know what feature you requested, and I'm pretty sure it's implemented: but could you email me, support@myreviewplugin.com to make sure I didn't miss it? I'll get it done for you ASAP (before 5.1) if I did miss something!

@Dan, Lauren, send me an email if there's any features you want to know more about or want some one-on-one tutoring time. I really can't wait to get a ton of video tutorials online though, I'm sure it will really throw MyReviewPlugin ahead of the pack - having people getting their first sites online in 30 minutes!

Mark.

@Dan, Lauren, send me an email if there's any features you want to know more about or want some one-on-one tutoring time. I really can't wait to get a ton of video tutorials online though, I'm sure it will really throw MyReviewPlugin ahead of the pack - having people getting their first sites online in 30 minutes!

Mark.

While that is extremely helpful to me personally, I would rather you spend the time you would have with me individually, on a bunch of videos. that will it will benefit you (for the rest of your current clients and clients to be) and will benefit me because I can learn about all the features instead of just intensive training on one or two. But as an fyi, if you need a place to start, I'm only comfortable with import man (and even on that one I'm sure I could learn alot from some video examples) and wouldn't know where to start with link man or, actually, any of the other features. So your wide open :D

@Muscular, I think I know what feature you requested, and I'm pretty sure it's implemented: but could you email me, support@myreviewplugin.com to make sure I didn't miss it? I'll get it done for you ASAP (before 5.1) if I did miss something!

Mark.

Ok, i'll send you an email.

So Google doesn't like thin affiliate sites. The usual review site is nothing but a thin affiliate site. I would appreciate if you could let us know what's the effective way to create review sites now?

Perry talks about doom and gloom here:
Google Slap for Product Review Sites

Assuming Google has or will slap review sites, one could still get organic traffic, right? It's just that PPC would be prohibitively expensive.

Any other thoughts on making the review sites perform better? Add new articles related to the subject matter? Add video? Your plugin looks good and esp. the new themes are kickass. Great work!

Is there a footprint that could lead one to locate all sites made with myreviewplugin? How can this be eliminted/minimized? For example, if you search for "[wfrgooglemap]", you will get a list of sites made with WFReview

Google Search results for sites made with WFReview:
Code:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=[wfrgooglemap]&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=754b7f73eb24aff

@Muscular, emailing you back right now. I've got something good for ya.

@letmeintowf, its mostly bogus. Or "thin affiliate sites" doesn't apply to full wordpress-powered review sites (which generally have about pages, and contact pages and lots of content pages, and user generated content, and basically everything that makes a site valuable). Thin affiliate sites in my opinion refers to flogs and stuff of that nature - which, I've had trouble (but not no success) ranking in Google.

Review sites basically rank themselves. I'm serious. I have ~6 main review sites ranking for tons of terms, bringing in 20+k unique visitors a month. Some more successful than others, but all basically being just social bookmarking, on-site SEO and nothing wait.

MyReviewPlugin allows you to mask your affiliate links too, if you believe that helps with the issue.

On the issue of fingerprinting, I wasn't aware that WF Review did something so ridiculous. MyReviewPlugin loads some Javascript libraries (JQuery UI, JQuery Stars) that could be "fingerprinted" but so do hundreds of other sites, it also injects a comment that says "<!-- MyReviewPlugin Javascript Includes -->", which you can't Google for, but now that you mention it, I'll remove it.

Other than that, all of MyReviewPlugin's features can be encapuslated in an API that allows you to do anything you want with it. The automatic embeds (which require no programming experience) use some myrp_* classes for CSS purposes that I guess could be fingerprinted.

Given though, that there's currently about 100 "legitimate" (i.e., non-affiliate, high-quality sites) sites online including some that are clear leaders in their niche (especially alcohol-reviews and restaurant reviews related?) I don't think you have to worry about Google punishing you just for using MyReviewPlugin.

Thanks for the detailed response., that puts me at ease about some of concerns I had. I think you are right about the flog or single page type of sites being frowned upon by big G.
Got couple more question for you , hope you don't mind answering them. I have a feeling that this plugin will go far :) Good luck! On to the questions:

If I made a site with MRP and decided to sell it down the road, is that ok? Does the new owneer need to buy a separate MRP license?

If the license verification is done through your server, is it possible if your license verification service is down, the site made with MRP will also be down or at least the MRP plugin not working? I guess what I'm asking is does MRP need external license verification to be up all the time? This will make the sites dependent on on source and could be single point for failure..I may be totally wrong about the lic. verification, so please excuse me if this doesn't even apply.

Holy moly, how it comes that I never heard of this plugin but owning every other review plugin out there? Seriously thinking to get this just for some comparison jobs to all other plugins, hehe :)

edit: just saw that you can insert your own ratings in postings, thats something I was looking for quite some time now...

If I made a site with MRP and decided to sell it down the road, is that ok? Does the new owneer need to buy a separate MRP license?
Two options here. You could buy a single site license and transfer it to the new owner/the new owner could buy a single site license, or, if you plan to make a habit of this, you can email me to discuss our developer's license option.

In other words, yes, even if you buy an unlimited site license, it's only good for your sites. Developers license allows you to transfer licenses to clients as part of a complete package and is ideal for this situation.

If the license verification is done through your server, is it possible if your license verification service is down, the site made with MRP will also be down or at least the MRP plugin not working? I guess what I'm asking is does MRP need external license verification to be up all the time? This will make the sites dependent on on source and could be single point for failure..I may be totally wrong about the lic. verification, so please excuse me if this doesn't even apply.
Nope. Don't worry about it, I've got you covered. If my server disappears, the license will default to on. In fact, even invalid licenses will go online when my server disappears.

That said, my server has 100% uptime for the last 6 months. If you're really concerned about this, I can prove to you that it isn't an issue and/or I can just remove the licensing code from your stuff entirely if you have an unlimited site license. My licensing is somewhat honor system, I trust that people want to support my work, as I really do feel I've done a great job with MyReviewPlugin so far (and my customers tend to agree!)

Hope that helps!

Mark.

Holy moly, how it comes that I never heard of this plugin but owning every other review plugin out there? Seriously thinking to get this just for some comparison jobs to all other plugins, hehe :)

edit: just saw that you can insert your own ratings in postings, thats something I was looking for quite some time now...
Give me an email if you want to talk specifics, but MyReviewPlugin is the best review plugin. I've designed it that way, I've grown to keep up and surpass all the others, etc. Barman just posted a review on PPC.bz of MyReviewPlugin vs. WF Review, and you'll find dozens of similar reviews (MyRP vs. WPRE and MyRP vs. WF Review) all over the web. MyReviewPlugin comes out the winner - and that was the goal.

Now that I'm ahead of the pack, I'm working hard to stay there by adding new features - like the new comparison table themes, Thumbshots integration, comment fields, etc., etc.

Let me know (via email) if you need anything at all!

Mark.

Just wanted to say that Mark provides excellent support for his product, he really will log into your site and look at your specific issues.

Also if theres a feature that MYRP doesn't have that is valuable, he will add it in the next release. Sorting posts by Custom Fields is awesome.

Update: Just as I finished writing this, received another email response from Mark ...as usual top notch advice and support!! Great going!
-------------
I would like to second what Diet Butcher said. I have been talking to Mark via email and his support is second to none and I haven't even bought the software yet. Two (or however many are typically good) thumbs up!!

Hey force, is there any WF discount available? I am sick of the other review plugins...

Status
Not open for further replies.