My name .com is in redemption, please help me catch it

fatmoocow

Señor Member
Feb 1, 2009
I'm a domain noob, but I've been trying to get my fucking .com for over 10 years and now someone has finally let it go to redemption.

It's registered with network solutions. It "expired" about a month ago. So should be out of redemption soon.

My understanding is that snapnames.com has the "exclusive deal" with network solutions to grab their dropped domains first, or is that old news?

When I visit snap names the domain is listed for "back order."

Is this who I should use? Any other tips? I don't have much cash to throw at it, but it's very important that I grab it.

More research now that I found some newer info.

Namejet is now the exclusive partner for network solutions. Snapnames had a massive shill bidding clusterfuck with one of their VPs that went on for years and no longer has the deal with network solutions.

Placed a bid at namejet. We'll see how it goes.

Some decent info Buying an Expiring Domain Name

but.. besides that.. I have won tons of names on namejet. Seems like coming out super aggressive works the best. Come out swinging and bid $50-$75 higher then any other bidder

Maybe you will get lucky and not have any other bidders

Well it looks like we're going to auction. Another bidder jumped in last night. Could be one of the 11ty billion people who were spamming me because I own the other versions of the domain, could be someone here.

Random domain squatters aren't going to bid anything because it's a worthless name, so I'm less worried about that. But, if someone here is going after it, needless to say there are no limits to the hell I will bring down on them if I lose.

Good luck in the auction! Such a risky road with just one other bidder

You could come out aggressive.. but that might be wasting money since it's just one bidder

No bidder wants to bid against an aggressive bidder if their heart isnt in the domain.

Just hope the bidder doesnt have your name! hahah! Keep us posted