My little tribute to Craig Ferguson - the new king of late night!

ImagesAndWords

StayblCam.com
Nov 7, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.stayblcam.com
I've been a huge fan of Conan since 1996, and I still think he's great. But Craig's show has something all of the other late night shows never have: spontaneity. It's raw, it's unrehearsed, and unscripted. And Craig himself - well, he's a just an all around funny motherfucker.

Been watching the Late Late Show now for a couple of years, and the show is still full of surprises. Besides - it also has tons of sexual innuendos and dirty talk, even with guests. :D

- The guy wrote AND SINGS his own catchy intro jingle. I'd like to see Dave/Jay/Conan do that....or wait, no I wouldn't,
- Craig cusses like a sailor (and the celebrity guests aren't afraid to cuss on his show either). Sure, because of stupid tv censorship here in the US - they take the words out, but the show has an interesting twist on this too! Instead of the oh-so-annoying *beep* for every word - they instead put a flag over his mouth replaced with words or phrases from other countries. Clever, and funny as shit! Actually makes you enjoy the censorship a little...

- From time to time, he also does cool musical monologue pieces featuring hot girls. Check out these cool vids:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvAPov24d4Q]Craig Ferguson 5/14/12A Late Late Show in Scotland beginning FA - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKIJ9ekfAZY]Craig Ferguson Intro 4/5/10 Introducing Geoff Peterson Robot Sidekick - YouTube[/ame]

- He also recently took the show to Scotland and made a really cool week of shows out of it where he goes out and talk to locals, etc.. When other late night shows go other places, they just sit on stage in a different venue. Check out the promo for his week in Scotland:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgB6IVsuc0A]Craig Ferguson -_- Scotland Episodes Promotional Video - 2012.04.26 - YouTube[/ame]

- Geoff Peterson, the gay robot skeleton (who could also be a nice mascot for this gay webmaster forum) is the funniest sidekick on late night. His improv and voice impersonations are killer.

Anyway, if you haven't seen Craig's show - check it out weeknights on CBS, or record it on your DVR, download it or whatever.

- The guy wrote AND SINGS his own catchy intro jingle. I'd like to see Dave/Jay/Conan do that....or wait, no I wouldn't,

I like Craig Ferguson, but I can't allow you to diss Conan. Don't you remember his tour after he quit the tonight show? He plays guitar & sings, he's a huge guitar buff. e.g

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-rc8kjzS8M]Conan O'Brien in Eugene, OR - I Will Survive - YouTube[/ame]

Not to mention he wrote some of the funniest Simpsons episodes ever. Such as marge vs the monorail & homer going back to college, just off the top of my head.

Kilby was pretty awesome too Ferguson and Conan are my current favs, the former topping the later.

I like Craig Ferguson, but I can't allow you to diss Conan. Don't you remember his tour after he quit the tonight show? He plays guitar & sings, he's a huge guitar buff. e.g
Conan O'Brien in Eugene, OR - I Will Survive - YouTube

Not to mention he wrote some of the funniest Simpsons episodes ever. Such as marge vs the monorail & homer going back to college, just off the top of my head.

Oh totally, I didn't mean to diss Conan. Yes you are right - I forgot about his singing and playing so much on his tour, that was very cool. And Conan is still very cool in my book. Hard not to love the guy. :)

Jay and Dave on the other hand are some old geezers. Conan and Craig should take over their spots IMO.

Out of curiosity, does that asshat Jimmy Fallon still have his own show? I never understood how he ever got that job. Guy is so incredibly awkward, it hurts to watch. He's not funny and laughs at his own jokes.

Omg have I found my own support group finally ?
Geeze you guys!! Nobody gets Conan AT ALL !
He is sooo fuckin funny and just whips stuff off the top of his head, not to mention he is immature and adolescent as fuck. I love Conan.

Dave used to be funny many many years ago (many) Fallon is in the wrong gig, I agree he is just painful to watch.
I have always hated Leno he "thinks" he is clever and hilarious but says nothing off the top of his head, all scripted by paid writers. When he does try to say something funny its so stupid. I cannot bear to watch that retard (and yet so "popular" makes me scratch my head).
Ferguson is super hilarious, very very very funny. What gets you is that he just IS funny. I am sure during the commercial breaks he just keeps it going, kind of guy that just makes you laugh, quick.
There is a lot of gay innuendo and has made me think that he is gay (seriously).. I do recall he mentioned a wife a few times...
I haven't watched him in a few years...

I do recall he mentioned a wife a few times...

Craig's wife Megan is actually kinda cute and classy. About half of his age, descent of John Adams, etc.
16m6mfs.jpg

Omg have I found my own support group finally ?
Geeze you guys!! Nobody gets Conan AT ALL !
He is sooo fuckin funny and just whips stuff off the top of his head, not to mention he is immature and adolescent as fuck. I love Conan.

Dave used to be funny many many years ago (many) Fallon is in the wrong gig, I agree he is just painful to watch.
I have always hated Leno he "thinks" he is clever and hilarious but says nothing off the top of his head, all scripted by paid writers. When he does try to say something funny its so stupid. I cannot bear to watch that retard (and yet so "popular" makes me scratch my head).
Ferguson is super hilarious, very very very funny. What gets you is that he just IS funny. I am sure during the commercial breaks he just keeps it going, kind of guy that just makes you laugh, quick.
There is a lot of gay innuendo and has made me think that he is gay (seriously).. I do recall he mentioned a wife a few times...

Yeah like I said above, I still think Conan is great. But him and Craig are funny in different ways and I can laugh at both. Conan's show is obviously more rehearsed and planned out. The skits are sometimes a hit and miss, although they do have a few good ones every week. The most obvious thing with Conan's show after a while is that most of the question guests are asked have been agreed on beforehand - so you can obviously tell they have prepared answers and stories to tell.

Not so much on Craig... :)
Craig's show however is basically him just walking on set (almost) unprepared, in a suit, and cracking sexual innuendos and dirty talk with Geoff and the guests each night. Totally laxed atmosphere, but he's also intelligent enough to keep serious conversations with guests when they stray off on random topics.

Oh and...Secretariat rocks. :music06:

I totally agree, Craig and Conan are so refreshing, I really don't understand the appeal of Letterman and Leno.

Out of curiosity, does that asshat Jimmy Fallon still have his own show? I never understood how he ever got that job. Guy is so incredibly awkward, it hurts to watch. He's not funny and laughs at his own jokes.

Maybe it's a generation gap or something, but I hated this guy too. I don't think I watched more than 5 minutes of his show. He managed to ruin Weekend Update prior to getting signed for his own gig. NBC must be losing all the real talent in the world to Youtube or something.

I totally agree, Craig and Conan are so refreshing, I really don't understand the appeal of Letterman and Leno.
Big ditto. I think there is an age divide. Younger people love and "get" Craig / Conan, whereas Dave / Leno is more for the 60+ crowd.

Letterman is the only king of late night, even though I haven't watched his show in many years.

He's one cool cat.