My Google Prediction of the Decade...

Mar 13, 2008
Ma's Basement
If all goes the same, much like with Microsoft, Google will be nailed in some Monopoly cases within the US and Europe by 2020.

Am I crazy?

i predict google will lose at least 10% marketshare within the next 18 months.

nostradamus ain't the only motherfucker who can think up random shit.

Google is the Antichrist
Google-is-evil.jpg

If all goes the same, much like with Microsoft, Google will be nailed in some Monopoly cases within the US and Europe by 2020.

Am I crazy?

No, I could definitely see the EU looking to cash in on Google. They started viewing Microsoft as a cash register they could tap whenever they needed a hand out and Google will probably be this decades ATM card.

Don't be jealous of the AFC East.

I also have a bet going with a friend in London. USA places first in the World Cup Group (with England) and I get a free plane ticket from Madrid to London. If England places first, I pay his ticket from London to Madrid.

you are out of your fucking mind

Don't be jealous of the AFC East.

I also have a bet going with a friend in London. USA places first in the World Cup Group (with England) and I get a free plane ticket from Madrid to London. If England places first, I pay his ticket from London to Madrid.

Evens? I'm pessimistic about England's chances but I wouldn't have taken that bet on evens.

No, I could definitely see the EU looking to cash in on Google. They started viewing Microsoft as a cash register they could tap whenever they needed a hand out and Google will probably be this decades ATM card.

They've already started:

France's 'Google Tax': Sarkozy Threatens to Levy Internet Search Engines - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

France has never been shy when it comes to protecting its culture and heritage, with quotas for French-language chansons on the radio and massive subsidizes for its home-grown film industry. Now it could be about to take on perhaps the greatest symbol of the globalized, and increasingly Anglophone, world: Google.

On Thursday evening French President Nicolas Sarkozy said that he would get his Finance Ministry to look at a controversial proposal to impose a tax on the online ad revenues that Google and other search engines generate in France. He also said he would ask the national competition authorities to look at whether Google had an unfair market dominance.
Zeldnik told the newspaper Libération that the tax would take a "small percentage" of Google's online ad revenues, which he estimated to be €800 million ($1,141 million) a year in France. The tax could also target other big players such as Microsoft, AOL, Yahoo and Facebook. The proposed levy could raise up to €20 million ($28.5 million) annually, which would be funnelled to supporting a number of cultural ventures, from newspapers subscriptions to expanded online publishing platforms. One of the reports' 22 proposals was the introduction of a subsidized €50 "music card" for young people to encourage them to opt for legal downloads. On Thursday Sarkozy said the card could be brought out as early as this summer.

New England is the hometown team, how could I ever root against them? The US/Britain bet is because I am betting the US will pull an upset like they did with Spain. If I lose, I get to see a friend and pay 50 euros. If I win, I get to see a friend and spend 50 Pounds at a pub. :smilie_weihn_winki:(I am actually a Real Madrid/Espana fan if you want to get down and dirty with futbol.)