My first campaign ever just went live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Whoa

May 30, 2009
Hey Guys!

I am totally pumped. I have been lurking around these boards for the past week - reading and not doing anything. Which seems to be the #1 recommendation provided. So I spent the better part of the week learning about domains, hosting, etc. I set the goal to get something... anything up today.

Well I just logged into my AdWords account and the campaign is officially live with 221 amazing impressions (with no clicks - ha). It is a simple poll with an email submit (I wanted to set the bar really low).

Any one have an recommendations for newbie projects (ex. polls)? I have plenty of cash on hand but my design experience is limited. I would prefer to test smaller things just to get the hang of it before moving on. All suggestions are welcomed!

-Nick D.

Hey Guys!

Any one have an recommendations for newbie projects (ex. polls)? I have plenty of cash on hand but my design experience is limited. I would prefer to test smaller things just to get the hang of it before moving on. All suggestions are welcomed!

-Nick D.

cpanel hosting with fantastico, get a generic domain, do an automatic installation of wordpress, install a clean generic theme and use the different posts as separate landing pages for different polls

you won't need to edit a single line of code and making a new landing page will take you just few minutes

Icecube has is right, just take another step every day and make sure you track and split test things from the begginning or you'll screw yourself later...and not in a good way:love-smiley-086:

Thank!

Yeah I am trying to get delivery on the content network... still waiting.

I just want to make sure everything is tracking correctly before I set a few more campaigns live.

My first goal is keep setting up polls until I get five profitable ones. I figured the barrier of entry is low. It will get my used to wordpress, tracking, adwords + yahoo search.

I am just trying to learn by doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.