Must have PS3 games?

cocoa

chocolate affiliate
Jul 8, 2010
houston
I'm not a huge gamer but my girlfriend just got me a ps3 for our anniversary. What are the must have games nowadays? She got me madden 11 and cod black ops already but I was wondering what other games I should get. Maybe racing or fighting.

The last game I had was nba live 04 and golden fire (james bond) on my ps2 so all this shit is new to me. But I used to be elite on counterstrike a few years ago so I cant wait to hop on this cod..

My favorite racing games are Split/Second and Wipeout HD (PSN download). The new Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit looks pretty cool and Gran Turismo 5 should be out for Christmas.

For the girlfriend, I recommend downloading Bejeweled 2 and Peggle from the PSN.

Racing - grid and gran turismoo
Madden and cod are always great..

Check out psfreedom its a tool to jailbreak ps3's to play downloaded games and such. I've downloaded a shit ton of games already.

Some of the best games on the PS3 are the download $5-15 games.

My favorites in no particular order: fat princess, super stardust hd, soldner x 1 & 2, cuboid, tank wars, matt hazard, wolf commando 3, 1942 joint strike.

if you haven't played ico or shadow of colossus on the ps2..
then i say get this collection when it comes out sometime in 2011
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for Playstation 3 | GameStop

also
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
god of war collection(1 and 2) if you haven't played them on the ps2

i have a ps3 and i don't own a lot of games. bought it for the exclusive games and to have a bluray player. should have saved the $$ i spent on it.
can't wait for the jailbreak/hack is fully working.
that'll keep me entertained.

For Fighting:
Super Street fighter 4 (it's around $30)

If you want something with some adventure aspects grab uncharted 1 and 2 (part 1 should be around $20 or so as a greatest hits)

There are a few others but from your OP they might not be your Genre.

The best fighting game is UFC Unleashed 2010.. addictive as fuck though..

Also download the demo of the latest Need for Speed and decide if you want to buy it.. it sucks ass imho.

Take my advice, Get these and it will revolutionize the idea of gaming for you.

Uncharted 1 - Must Have
Uncharted 2 - Must Have
God Of War 3
GTA4 - Must Have
Mafia 2 - Must Have
Killzone 2 But KZ3 is coming out soon so Id wait a little.
FIFA
Madden
COD MW2 - Must Have
COD BO

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an excellent shooter, a bit more team & strategy based than MW2