MSN AD -> Affiliate link -> Merchant Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudger

Mar 29, 2007
I just got off the phone with MSN adcenter because my keywords and campaigns were taking forever to get approved. The lady told me that they had a huge mass sign-up over the weekend and they're working over time to approve things, just in case people were curious.

Anyways, I then asked her if it was alright to use their ads to send clickers directly to a merchant page via an affiliate link through "destination URL"

I said

"What if I have an ad that promotes for example, ebay cars. And the URL display is "www.motors.ebay.com" but my destination URL is "ebayaffiliate link......" Is that ok to do?"

She said that its ok to send clickers to a merchant site through your affiliate destination URL as long as the landing page is relevant. Of course ebay motors is going to be relevant.

I wasn't aware you could do this and why haven't I read anything about people using this technique?

Couldn't you just put up some good keywords and get like 2-300 people clicking on your ads. And since ebay cookies them, any purchase they make on eBay, you get a cut of.

Does anyone here do this?

I wasn't aware you could do this and why haven't I read anything about people using this technique?

Couldn't you just put up some good keywords and get like 2-300 people clicking on your ads. And since ebay cookies them, any purchase they make on eBay, you get a cut of.

Does anyone here do this?

Easier said then done, but take that idea and do some research and trials with adcenter and with the right product and kw that idea is a goldmine, but relevancy is the key.

Does adcenter have a QS? Or is that why they manualy check the keywords?

Um, because a wild animal gouged your eyes out?

Seriously dude, that's been around for years and almost every crappy ebook on affiliate marketing has at least a chapter devoted to it.

Ha! I was told it was a bug from some update last night by a rep and they are working on a fix because everything submited after the 6th is hanging in que.

Anyway, the only time I do this is if the merchant has a sweet landing page &/or it's a branded product &/or to test.

edit: oh yeah and if the merchant allows it. Be careful because it's a big no no if you are doing that for an offer that doesn't allow it. If you have any doubts ask your affiliate manager.

yeah the last two weekends they have said they are swamped, took over 6 days to get one list of KWs approved and that's not counting weekends or holidays.

soooooooooo slow

I played with this a while ago, but came back to it this week after reading it mentioned on this thread: Arbitrage and eBay.

I've been running a couple of trials over the last few days with adwords - very small scale. So far I'm getting the clicks, but not the sales :(

Lots more trial and error needed I think... eBay covers so many niches that there should be room for newcomers to compete with the 7 figure affiliates! (hopefully) GL with ya Adcenter campaigns.

Now I know why a few campaigns took a day to get approved. I'm trying the technique mentioned w/ not much luck on sales.. as in sales = 0

Status
Not open for further replies.