Moving From GoDaddy To NameCheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUltimate

The Ultimate Member
Aug 21, 2006
www.theultimatepublishing.com
Is it worth moving from GoDaddy to NameCheap?

Now they have a "WhoisGuard Protection" with every new domain registration or transfer.

On top of that, I seem to be hearing some horror stories with people using GoDaddy.

I'm about to start my affiliate program & I'm afraid that some affiliate is gonna spam & get my domain shut by GoDaddy.

What are your thoughts.....

I used to use GoDaddy, but I switched to Namecheap because of the whoisguard (that, and my brother was already using Namecheap).

*shrug* right now, I'm using both, but I'll be using namecheap in the future

Until I see a problem with GoDaddy personally, I won't be switching anywhere. Had I jumped ship a couple years ago, I'd be caught up in that whole RegisterFly bullshit

Yea, I suggest you stay with godaddy just in case something happens to namecheap...

with registerfly ICANN even made them remove their logo on the homepage....so you can see how bad it's getting...

i am using namecheap now for my domains and cant stand that daddy i have 26 sales pages before you leave, genius if you ask me but the domain names turn out to be cheaper with the private who is guard.
hopefully they dont start hiring strippers to do their janitorial work or have buttlers manage their servers.

I use both:

namecheap for new domains that I want to register.

GoDaddy for receiving domains I buy on forums and eBay (I dunno the exact ratio but it seems that 1 out of every 3 domains for sale is on GoDaddy).

I like namecheap. I've got like 50 domains with them and 1 with godaddy. Also, I have accounts with both since 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.